Chapter 20

I continue to finish some of my assignments. I had tried to stay ahead but it's really hard. I don't really understand much of anything but my professors offered me extra credit work.

I miss Kai. It had already been three days since he had left for Portland. I can't stop thinking about the last night we spent together.

I bite on my fingernail to hide my smirk. Everything about that night was perfect. And to think about it. I kinda want it to happen again. But If Elena found out I think she would disown me as a sister.

And from what I learned secrets can only last so long.

I let out a breath of air and a sudden knock on the door distracts me from my thoughts. I get up from my chair and walk over to my dorm room door.

Maybe it was Elena. Although unlikely cause she was rarely ever here.

When I open the door a smile spreads across my face.

It was Kai.

I wasn't expecting him to show up here. In shock, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer. I hadn't gotten a chance to get his number so we hadn't talked at all.

"Looks like someone missed me," he says holding the lower part of my back.

I laugh releasing him from our hug. He was wearing a nice long black coat and a grey shirt. I also notice that he had grown a small stubble of hair across his jawline.

He looked very nice.

"Yeah," I admit shyly.

"So," he takes a seat on the edge of my bed, "how's everything?"

"I've just been trying to catch up on school stuff."

"Colledge life not so fun," he teases and I roll my eyes taking a seat next to him.

"No, not really, how was portland?"

"It was okay, although all the Gemini's were driving me nuts."

"I'm a Gemini though," I frown.

"Well, I meant Gemmi witches," he clarifies.

I laugh. "Whatever."

I take a seat back at my desk and force my direction to the papers that scatter the table.

"Do you need help with that?" Kai asks me.

I turn back to him with a raised eyebrow. Kai helping me with homework? Doesn't sound very logical.

"I mean I didn't go to college but I studied a lot of subjects in the prison world."

I sigh. "Okay fine," I grab my papers off my desk and sit next to him on my bed.

He looks over them for a moment. "You're confused about this?" He questions.

"I mean yeah," I say sorta embarrassed.

He snorts. "But it's so easy."

"Yeah, not for someone who missed an entire month of school," I mention.

"Oh right, that's my fault isn't it?"

"Mhmm," I nod, "so help me."

He smiles before reading the first question on the paper to me.

We do my assignments together for a long two hours. Surprisingly he was actually very helpful. He was a bit annoying with his comments though. "That's why I'm smarter than you." And, "How don't you know this?" But overall it was okay.