Chapter 8

As I wake up I groan as the sunlight hits my face. I get out of bed despite my body telling me to just sit there and do nothing considering I barely slept a wink last night.

I hop in the shower and let the warm water ease my muscles. I let out a sigh and run my hands through my hair.

Even if my friends manage to get me out of this hell I still think I should keep researching a plan B just in case. I feel like just sitting around doing nothing (though I want to) would be pointless.

As I finish my shower I wrap a towel around my body and walk to Damon's dresser to pick out some clothes.

As I pick out a shirt and some jeans the door swings open. I tighten the grip around the towel on my body. I gasp as I see kai's face and push the door closed with one hand.

I mentally slap myself for not locking it.

"You know there's a thing called knocking," I call out through the door annoyed.

"There's also a thing called locking your door," I scoff and finish getting dressed.

I open the door to see kai still there and I roll my eyes.

"Any explanation for you barging into my room at 10 in the morning," I say folding my arms over my chest.

"I was going to ask you if you wanted to go somewhere," he says which makes me raise an eyebrow.

"Really, where?"

"It's a surprise come on," he grabs my arm and I squirm out of his grip.

"A I really don't like going places where I don't know the destination and B we have more important things to do kai."

"Wow you really lack fun," he sighs.

"That's not true."

"Yes it is but whatever have it your way I guess," I can tell he trying to convince me, and sadly it's working.

"Fine, what do you have in mind," I grumble crossing my arms over my chest.

He turns around and a smile stretches across his face.

"I knew you would come to your senses," he says and I roll my eyes.

"You didn't answer my question."

"Somewhere fun," he answers vaguely.

"That's not really an answer either."

"But if I told it would ruin the fun."

...

Rock music plays on the radio and kai sings aloud to it which makes me groan.

"You know we could be looking for a loophole out of here right now researching a way to get out but hey no we're going to your so-called "fun" destination."

"Like I said you lack fun."

"Actually I lack wanting to spend time with sociopaths who trap me in prison worlds."

"That was oddly specific, though even if your lack of fun is because of me you don't seem like much of a party animal," he turns his direction from the road to me.

"I'm not," I reply leaning farther into my chair. "Are you tho?"

"Psh I'm surprised you have to ask I was the most fun to be around in high school obviously," he says like it's common sense.

"Really, honestly I probably wouldn't have wanted to hang out with you."

He scoffs. "Your lying you know how I know because everyone wanted to hang out with I mean have you seen how attractive I am," he smirks and I just shake my head.