Chapter 28

I roll around in bed till I land flat on Kai's chest. I lay my head on his chest and intake his smell.

I feel an arm rub across my back signifying he is awake.

It's been four days since Kai had asked me to move in with him. And since then he had helped me move my stuff from my dorm to his apartment. I feel incredibly cozy with him. I lift my head up and smile. He smirks at me his eyes hazy from sleep.

I still need to tell Elena and Bonnie about Kai and me, I just need to find the right time. They questioned why I was leaving the dorm so I just told them some lame excuse about how "I needed some space."

I try and think about what Jo said..."Just don't overthink it. Wait for the right moment and I'm sure they'll still think of you as their best friend."

She's right. I'm overthinking it. I just don't know when the right moment is exactly.

Today is Jo's wedding day. And I couldn't be more excited. She gave me an invitation and surprisingly said I could also bring Kai. That caught me off guard but I'm not gonna question it.

I sigh moving my head to the crook of his neck.

"How do you feel about Jo's wedding today?" I ask him.

"Well, I'm still shocked she invited me. But I have a suit so maybe she won't throw me out."

I laugh slightly. "You know I didn't get to see it on you yet," I mention raising my head up.

He smiles. "I know. It's a surprise." He exaggerates his words with his eyes.

I roll my eyes. "Well, I have to help with wedding preparations so mine is a surprise too." I roll off him but he quickly grips my waist, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Mmm," I hum before pulling away. "As much as I would love to continue this Caroline would kill me for being late."

He sighs rolling his eyes. "Fine go to your stupid party prep shit."

I snort at his choice of words before giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

...

"Crap, they're not here," Jo panics.

"What's wrong?" I question.

"My shoes," she explains, "my gorgeous, ridiculously expensive, wear-them-once-and-never-again-shoes, they are missing!"

"Do you want me to do a locator spell?" Bonnie offers.

"On my shoes?" Jo questions and Elena and I give Bonnie a questionable look.

"Mm-hm," Bonnie hums in response.

"Is that possible?" Jo inquires.

"I don't know actually," she responds, "Hang on just let me figure out how to work this stupid thing." Bonnie messes with something that is used to hold Jo's dress.

My eyes widen as she practically breaks it.

"Good break it," Jo says sarcastically, "because my wrinkled dress will surely distract everyone from my bare feet."

"Hey," Elena steps in, "come on don't waste all your panic now. You still have eight hours till the ceremony," she smiles holding up a drink, "nonalcoholic mimosa," she offers handing Jo a drink.

"One, a nonalcoholic mimosa is just orange juice," she starts, "and two, I can't drink. Somebody should drink. You should drink," she pushes the glass toward my sister.

"I'll drink," I say and my sister just gives me a disapproving head shake.

"Okay, what is going on." I hear the voice of Caroline spike up.