Chapter 25

I feel a light peck on my cheek which makes a smile stretch across my face. I open my eyes and see Kai-

My boyfriend, hovering over me.

"Good morning," I smile with a yawn.

"Good morning, babe," he leans down to place a soft kiss on my lips and my smile deepens at his choice of words.

Once our kiss breaks I grab the side of his face, eager to have his lips on mine again.

After a minute he detaches his lips from mine.

"We, have to meet up with Damon and Elena, you know?"

I groan and he laughs.

All I wanted to do was stay in bed with him for the whole day.

"Fine, fine," I get out of bed and begin to put my clothes back on.

"So, what's the plan for today?" Kai questions.

"The plan is, we find Caroline or Stefan pile them with emotions, and then hope for the best."

He raises an eyebrow as he pulls his shirt over his head. "You really think that's gonna work."

I shrug. "I don't know but we'll have to try."

Once we finish getting ready we meet Damon and Elena for breakfast.

"So, how'd you guys sleep?"

Damon groans. "Awful."

"Why?"

"There was a couple having sex way too loud."

I practically choke on my food.

I hear Kai snort and I almost wack him for being so obvious.

"Yeah, it was so annoying," Elena adds on.

"You know you guys don't have to use your vamp hearing for everything," I state looking down at my lap.

"We didn't," they both say in unison.

Kai covers his mouth to contain his laughter and I feel myself blush hard.

I run a hand through my hair. "Anyways, what do you think we should do about Stefan and Caroline."

"Well we have these vervain syringes we can use on them, they'll only last so long so we'll have to tie them up," Damon explains.

"Isn't there a better solution to this?" I ask.

"Why, what do you have in mind?"

"Well, we can try and reason with them. I don't know about Stefan but Caroline maybe."

"Wait, you wanna try and reason with Caroline?" Kai questions.

"I mean if I have vervain she can't really hurt me. I'll just stick her with it," I explain.

"Why are you willing to take that chance?" He asks. I can tell he doesn't want me to get hurt but I know what I need to do in order to possibly save my friend.

"Because she's my best friend, and I miss her."

...

Kai did a locator spell and we found out that Caroline was at a bar, yet again.

They all were reluctant about letting me go in. The only human going into a bar with a humanity-less vampire, but I explained to them that I'd be fine.

Once I walked I scanned the area with my eyes. There were no dead bodies this time.

Thankfully.

I spot Caroline at the bar stool facing the selection of drinks. I take a deep breath before walking up to her.