Chapter 16

They were all looking at me. The current pressure I was under made me want to curl into a bawl.

Even Caroline was speechless she wasn't going to defend me now. So I guess I'll have to figure out a way to do it myself.

"Want to do some explaining Grace," Damon says.

"Okay fine I let him out," I state crossing my arms over my chest. They weren't gonna stop so I needed to give them an answer.

"Why would you do that," Elena says, I can tell she was mad by the way she raised her voice.

"Because...," I honestly don't know how to answer that question.

Because Kai and I had have become friends maybe even something more than friends.

No, I can't say that. She would kill me.

"I didn't think I had any other option," I continue speaking. I was lying but what else was I supposed to do. Tell Damon, Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena that Kai and I had actually bonded over the month alone we spent together.

"Of course there was another option," Damon says making anger fuel in me.

"Was there really because it didn't look like you were there to save me," As soon as the words leave my mouth I feel instant regret.

I can tell he was going to say something but he closes his mouth.

Ugh, why did I have to say that?

"Okay so what happened with Kai," Caroline asks after a long moment of silence.

"That bastard tried to kill Liv," Damon says.

Liv, why would he try and kill Liv?

"Why would he do that?" I ask.

"Oh, he didn't tell you," I give him a questioning look.

"Liv's his sister."

Oh...

The siblings he tried to kill back in 1994.

I remember seeing the newspaper and Josuah telling me about his past. Kai never really opened up to me about it but it was probably for the best.

I feel goosebumps rise on my arms just at the memory.

"Well is she okay?"

"Yeah she's fine," he mumbles.

"Ok well, can you leave now?" Caroline asks.

"What why?" he says defensively.

"Because it's late and all you've done since you've come here is judge Grace."

"I wasn't judging her," he scoffs.

"You kinda were," she says and he rolls his eyes.

"Can we just talk about this tomorrow?" I ask. I'm getting a headache from this whole conversation.

I can tell he's debating what to say but eventually gives in.

"Fine," he reluctantly says.

I sigh in relief.

He leaves the room with the door slamming slightly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Bonnie asks in a soft voice.

I shake my head. "Not today."

...

Elena, Damon, and I were all at Alaric's apartment.

They still haven't found a way around the border situation so we needed a place to talk.

Apparently, Alaric had started dating Jo. I didn't know much about her only that she was Elena's teacher.