Chapter 17

Kai's POV

"See we never went out to eat when I was a kid. So I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining. My dad actually loves to cook he's old school of course."

"He taught me to measure by eye, season by taste, all that stuff."

"But it's different now in the restaurant world. I mean everything is on timers. It's like fries go in you push a button ding you take them out," Elena rolls her head signifying that she was awake.

"Literally no guesswork."

"Why am I here?" she asks weekly and blinks trying to catch her vision.

"Uh well I spent 18 years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor," I say cutting into my meal.

"I don't mean the mystic grill."

"Oh, you mean like "here" here, in mystic falls?" I laugh.

"Why am I here Kai," she asks coldly.

"Well, I took the spell that was keeping supernaturals out of mystic fall, and I, I like absorbed it. Like ate it I guess."

I take a bite out of my egg.

When Elena shows no interest I continue to talk.

"It's cool, huh? First I eat magic and then I eventually lose it, but, I mean a huge spell like that?"

"I mean come on. Magic's oozing out of me. It's all over the place."

"You know I didn't quite realize I was so out of control until I met the manager of the grill a few hours ago."

"And he was all like you can't come in here was closed and you have an unconscious girl over your shoulder," I mimic his dumb voice and she rolls her eyes.

"And I was like, don't judge me."

"So then I gave him a heart attack or tried too but all it did was make him vomit uncontrollably. Which was like ugh alright let's stop that."

"So then I tried it again and I think I broke his spine. I mean I'm not really sure. Because the third time I tried the spell he kind of exploded in blood," Elena looks at me with a disgusted look while shaking her head.

I bring a glass of orange juice to my lips, "Woops."

I feel some sort of guilt for it though. I just imagine Grace being disappointed in me. And I hate that feeling.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She asks me.

"I just told you I have too much magic."

"You know it wasn't until after my test run with the manager that I realized if I start to merge with Jo and my gushing fountains of magic turn into that guy," I mention the unconscious manager.

"Then I'm not gonna have a twin for the merge."

"So Elena that is why you're here," I explain pointing my fork full of waffles at her before taking a bite.

"Because I need to get my magic under control. By practicing with you or rather by practicing on you."

"Oh hey P.S., silver lining after the manager stopped thrashing around I finally managed a cloaking spell."

"Thank you," I say taking another sip of orange juice.

"It's easy to do and undo."

"Phasmatos oculix."

The manager suddenly appears on the table right in front of her and she gasps, rattling in her seat.

"Table for three." I laugh as her fast twist in disgust.