Chapter 9

I rustle around in bed and end up rolling over to the other side. What usually feels like a cushiony pillow feels a lot denser, so I open my eyes and lookup.

I see Kai's smirking face and I gasp as I had completely forgotten that I had stayed the night in his bed.

I quickly get off his chest and he chuckles slightly at the sight of my startled state.

"Well good morning to you too," Kai says the grin still plastered to his face.

"Does this entertain you?" I say slightly annoyed.

"Yes actually," he replies witch makes me roll my eyes.

"Whatever I'm going to go shower," I tell him getting off of the bed.

"Can I join?"

I turn my head around. "Yeah no chance in hell," I say not even giving myself a second to try and consider his offer.

"You said the same thing about sharing a bed together," he smirks.

"Whatever that was different circumstances," I retort.

"Mhmm sure," he says sarcastically.

I just roll my eyes and walk out the door not wanted to hear another word out of his mouth.

...

As I get in the shower I start to think back to Kai and his offer. Why would he even think I would accept it he's a literate sociopath.

I scoff squeezing some soap onto my loofa. As I scrub my body I think more about it.

Did he really want to shower with me or was it just one of his sociopathic mind games?

I quickly shake my head not wanting to think more about the topic.

As I finish my shower I hear rattling coming from downstairs. I wrap my towel around me and go back to my room and quickly get dressed.

As I walk down the stairs my thoughts cloud my mind. What if it was Joshua? What if it was just kai playing a prank on me? What if I'm just being paranoid?

After what seems like forever given the giant staircase of Salvatore boarding house I make it to the kitchen and see Damon holding Kai by the collar of his shirt.

I stare like a dear in headlights before speaking. "Damon?" I say in disbelief. Was it really him, was he really here?

"Grace," he loosens his grip on Kai and turns his direction to me.

"Are you wearing my shirt," he questions which almost makes me laugh.

Yup, it was definitely Damon.

In complete shock and utter raw emotion, I run up to him and throw my arms around his neck.

"Oh my god, how did you get here," I ask as tears start to well on my eyes.

"Well it wasn't easy but we managed," he says his voice muffled by my hair.

"We?" I pull away from him then direct my attention to the other side of the kitchen it was Bonnie.

Before I can get a word out she runs towards me and hugs me.

Wow, I've missed this feeling more than anything. Seeing my best friends here was the best.

"As beautiful as this sentiment is I am hungry for breakfast so," Kai sits down and digs into his pancakes.

With everything going on right now I almost forgot kai was in the same room with us.

Bonnie pulls away from me and directs her attention to kai. "So you're the famous Kai Parker who traped my best friend in a prison world."

"Oooh I like that title hey grace can you call me by that from now on," he says which makes Bonnie and I roll our eyes.

"How did you guys get here," I ask directing my attention from the witch to them.

They face their attention back to me before Damon speaks. "Joshua Parker, we basically threatened his little wonder twins and that was enough for him to give in."

"Liv and Luke?"

"Yeah but the spell running on this is fading," bonnie says which makes my face fall slightly as I notice them becoming transparent.

"But hey listen we're not going to stop until we get you out of here," Bonnie reassures me.

I give her a nod even though I wasn't really sure that I'd be ok. I didn't want to burden them though. I open my mouth to say one more thing to them but they vanish right before my eyes.

I inhale a large breath before taking a seat down next to kai.

"Thankgod there gone they were such buzzkills," he says and I glare at him.

"Have you always been this insensitive?"

"Ok, but look on a good note we know that there trying to get you out of here which they won't stop till they do so I say we should just sit back and relax and wait for them to come to rescue you, and then I'll just hitch a ride."

"I don't know if that's a good idea kai."

"Well, it's your choice but I'll go with the easier option than to just look through useless grimoires."

I stay silent before reaching for my fork and start to eat while letting kai's words sink into my head.

...

I sit on the couch and reach for the remote to watch some tv.

As I scroll through the selection of movies kai takes a seat next to me. Ugh.

"So what are we watching," he says with a smile on his face.

"I came here to be alone you know," I say aggravated with everything that went on this morning. My friends coming back was a total surprise and I don't really know how to feel about it.

"Well, your my only company so being alone is sorta nonexistent right now."

I sigh as he scoots closer to me.

"So..." he trails of waiting for me to answer his question.

"I don't know aren't you the one with great 90s knowledge."

"You're right," he smiles.

"Ok so let's see," he grabs the remote and starts to scroll through the selection of movies.

"Not that one, not that one, definitely not that one," he laughs quietly to himself. "Ooh what about this one," he says while clicking on Jurassic Park.

As were watching the movie I sense kai scooting closer and closer to me. I turn my direction to him.

"Can you stop doing that?"

"What?"

I huff out slightly through my nose, "Can we just watch the movie."

"What do you think we've been doing for the past hour and a half."

I cross my arms over my chest and kai smirks knowing he got a rise out of me.

A/N
Sorry, this chapter is kinda short I just had a lot of writers block but the next chapter will be out soon💕