Chapter 13

I can barely sleep through the night. I couldn't, not with everything. I sit up straight hugging my knees to my chest while watching out the window. The night sky looked the same every night it was peaceful but yet unsettling at the same time.

Part of me wants to tell kai everything but Joshuah said he'd hurt my friends and I don't know what to do.

I don't want kai to get hurt either so I'm so conflicted at the moment.

I lay back down and close my eyes hoping that sleep will come.

...

I hear a knock at my door awakening me from my sleep. I pull up my covers to my nose I just wanted to stay in bed all day.

"Grace," I hear Kai's voice.

I close my eyes for a second let out a sigh. I couldn't just sit in my bed all day and hope my problems would be gone.

I remove my covers from my body and get up to open the door.

"Hey," I yawn.

"Hi, are you feeling better," Kai asks.

"Oh, yea I'm fine."

"Ok well, do you want to come downstairs to eat breakfast because it's getting late?"

"Yea," I smile even though I didn't want to. "Just let me get dressed first."

I close my door and my smile falls flat.

As I get dressed I think was it really worth it because honestly, I don't know but the whole killing my friend's thing did put a damper on this situation. I mean it's not like they weren't strong but Joshuah was coven leader I'm not sure how well they'd do against and not to mention he's a raging lunatic.

I finish putting my hair in a bun and let myself breathe for a second. I take a seat at the edge of my bed, I close my eyes. Maybe I thought it would be easier just to take small moments of normalness until having to make the unmanageable decision.

I walk down the staircase and the smell of french toast cloud my nose. I let myself smile. Just for a moment though.

...

Kai's POV

I turn on the television and start scrolling through the selection of movies.

I hear footsteps and I turn.

"Hi," grace says in kind of a quiet voice.

"Whatcha watching," she asks.

"I"m not sure yet," I respond.

"Oh um okay," she takes a seat next to me on the right side of the couch.

She stares at the TV screen. "Um what about Candyman," she says.

I give her a questionable look. "I thought you hated horror movies?"

She shrugs.

"Okay, just don't start, crying," I say jokingly clicking on the movie.

She laughs a little causing me to do the same.

She scoots closer to me and I smile as she rests her head on my shoulder.

...

Grace's POV

I flinch slightly as the horror movie plays on the screen and move in closer to Kai I wanted to spend time with him you know normalness it's weird that Kai had become my new norm. Just sitting on the couch with him and watching a movie was like a normal Sunday for us.