Chapter 24

I open my eyes slowly and see Kai's peaceful face. I look down and see his arm wrapped securely around my body. I smile as I snuggle into his chest.

Elena's probably gonna be back in our room soon.

I look back up at him he seems so peaceful. I don't want to wake him so I just leave a small kiss on his cheek before unraveling myself from his arms.

As I'm putting my slippers on I hear him groan.

I look back and see him rubbing his eyes.

"Hey," I say with a smile.

"Were you gonna seriously leave without saying goodbye?" He questions his voice full of sleep.

I laugh returning back into his bed. "You looked so peaceful I didn't want to disturb you," I explain to him.

He smiles pulling a strand of hair behind my ear. "You could never disturb me."

I wrap my arms around him and he pulls me on top of him.

I rest my head into the crook of his neck letting out a sigh.

"Elena's gonna be at our abandoned hotel room soon," I lift my head up.

He sighs. "Okay."

Kai grabs the sides of my face and pulls me in for a kiss.

It is sweet and passionate that I almost forget about everything.

Our kiss lasts a minute before he pulls away.

I'll never get used to how much I enjoy his lips.

I get off the bed and put my slippers back on before exiting the room.

I try my best to make it quickly back to my hotel room. Elena could already be there.

Ugh, and I left my phone on my bed so I have no idea what time it is.

I get a lot of stares while on the way to my room. Probably cause I'm in PJs running around this expensive hotel.

People need to mind their business.

Once I reach the room thankfully Elena isn't there.

I let out a breath of relief before laying down on my bed.

About five minutes pass and the door opens.

"Hello," Elena smiles.

"Hi," I say back to my sister.

"Hope you weren't too lonely without me."

She takes a seat on the edge of my bed and I fix my posture upright.

"It's okay, I was fine. Having a whole room to yourself is nice." I don't like lying to her but she wouldn't be okay with the truth.

She laughs and I do too.

"So what's the plan for today?"

"The plan is, that we go to Klaus's house. For some kind of alliance and then find Stefan and Caroline."

"Can't we just use a locator spell?"

"Well, I think we should start with the apparent king of the city."

I blow out a breath of air. "Okay, fine. I call shotgun."

...

Damon drove and I got the passenger seat. Whilst Elena and Kai got the backseats.

They just spent the whole ride bickering and calling each other names. Damon and I acted like the parents yelling at their kids during a long road trip.