Author's note + Explanation

SYMPATHY :

started - ( 23.06.2021 )
ended - ( 23.10.2021 )

AUTHOR'S THANK YOU NOTE :

Wow, it's already the end of this book, HUH???? Time indeed flies so fast :0 anygays, ily'all so so so much as always for reading my crappy writing. I rly needa update my writing skills but thank you so much once again my engene besties :^ ♥︎ I will surely miss writing about the cold ah ju shi Lee Ethan/j <3 LIKE I SIMPED SO HARD FOR THIS FINEASS MAN WHILE WRITING HIM AS A GRIM REAPER OKAY. Just yeet yourselves into Defiantly Yours if you wna simp over tutor Jake with me too cuz I'll be frequently updating that book ;) 

EXPLANATION :

It might be a bit shocking to some of y'all who are reading this, but Sympathy's chapters starting from the Prologue up to Epilogue were just their dream 😆 That's why Sohee woke up from a nightmare in Special Chapter hehe y'all got clowned by me 😌🤡

Ryu Sohee and Lee Heeseung were chosen by fate to be destined soulmates in their dreams, even if they're not from the same nature. But of course, the underworld prohibited some rules such as being eligible to fall in love with a human. So either one of them had to die in order for one to keep on surviving. It didn't matter who will die but the underworld would only demolish the grim reaper's soulmate because she's a human and they wouldn't lose one of their mythical beings. But Heeseung's able to choose his death on behalf of Sohee if he wanted to cause he's her soulmate. So Hee took her destiny to die instead because he felt the sympathy to do so. But that didn't stop Ryu Sohee from killing herself after knowing her love sacrificed his life, just for her, who didn't care much about living cause she, once used to be a suicidal being before meeting him. 

But surprisingly, her suicidal commitment actually lifted Heeseung's curse.

How did that happen?

As I've included some hidden storylines in Chapter 42, Heeseung was forced to become a grim reaper on behalf of his dead father who tried to feast Jangmi to the dark spirits, for the sake of his own success. (Most of you may not be used to hearing about the evil-doers, but trust me, those kind of misbeliefs are common these days.)

If Heeseung didn't let his blood stain on the amethyst instead of Jake, Jangmi's lover who tried to save the girl throughout the manifestation, Jake would've become the grim reaper instead of him and lost all of his memories. But when Heeseung sacrificed his soul to serve for the underworld as a reaper, it didn't erase his memories because his father was the one who summoned the black spirits. 

But the attempt failed and Heeseung's father, the CEO who adopted him, died eventually and the penalty of being forced to serve as a grim reaper to the underworld was given to Heeseung instead. The penalty was created because of Heeseung's father's inhumane acts done to Jangmi, just for the greed of success so Heeseung's life slowly started to lose emotions and colors as he worked as a mythical grim reaper for the underworld.

But things changed when his mind grew a sympathy for Ryu Sohee, the girl who's on the edge of falling into death because of life's cruelty. He noticed that he's planning to risk anything, just for the love and sympathy he had stored inside his heart for this girl.

That erased out the filthy greed which his father had left in the amethyst that turned Heeseung into a heartless creature. But the curse got lifted when Ryu Sohee got reflected by the grim reaper's sympathy for her. She knew that he'd do anything just for her, even putting his own life at risk, proving that he wasn't an unloving creature like his father.

That caused his curse to disappear when Sohee killed herself, knowing Heeseung's value and sympathy for her. It resulted the two soulmates to set free, being able to exit the dream or else they would've been in an everlasting sleep. That's why in the Special Chapter, Sohee woke up from her dream and got all of her memories erased until she heard his name that was supposed to be forgotten.