Chapter 018

A/n ; lol it's weird to see Sympathy being promoted on tiktok 🌚 but ty to those whoever did that 🙇‍♀️ I'm glad that y'all like reading this book 😩 and I'll make sure to write about sir lee heeseung's duality from cute to spooky 🤡

« gold digger »

❝ I won't destroy the thread

❝ I won't destroy the thread. ❞ He firmly stated as his smoky bangs covered his handsome facial features of his.

Sohee's mind remained blank for a while as she had to rethink whether she heard the right stuff or not. His eyes bewitched her disastrous mind as if she wanted to flow along with Heeseung's decisions. But Sohee reprimanded herself and backed away from Heeseung as she pulled away although the black thread still linked their hands together.

Fixing her hair strands, the youngster got to asking him about the matter. ❝ What do you mean? We both agreed to break the thread and cut off ties as soon as possible. ❞ Wasn't it the main reason for her to move in with him? Otherwise, why would she be even living with a creepy-ass grim reaper that disadvantaged people?

Death was just a few steps away if she had no relation to her so-called soulmate.

❝ It's unbreakable. ❞ Heeseung lied, obviously because he didn't want Sohee to meet death so soon.

Even if it's not related to his possibilities, Heeseung wished Sohee to encounter for the best since the gloominess didn't get on the worst side yet. It wasn't too late for the suicidal youngster to erase her diverse thoughts concerning to death.

She's just misled cause she probably had no one to stand by her side her entire life.

If Heeseung's that merciless enough to let his soulmate get demolished by the underworld, he could've informed them about her humane existence and cut the black thread with the dark leaders' powers.

But he refused to. A part of him was protesting against the idea of destroying this depressed soul's existence. 

❝ But you said—❞

He wasn't supposed to be gaining addiction or pity onto anyone nor such stuff as sympathy should be growing inside his heartless mindset. But he could no longer yield the determination to help the youngster be set on the right tracks.

❝ Yeah, I remember. Don't worry, I'm still trying to figure out a way for us somehow. ❞

But the progress was still ongoing since being fated to an uncontrollable reaper like him forever wasn't a good deal. Using the durability of their soulmate thread as an excuse, Heeseung planned on changing her decisions throughout the given time.

No matter what happened, he wouldn't let her encounter death.

-

Sohee came to school with murmurs behind her tracks. Most were unwanted, to be honest. Well, what else could she expect when Lee Heeseung legit spat that he's her fiancé in front of the principal and the nosy brat Yoon Sua?