Chapter 031

Thank you sm for 75K and 5K votes :(((

« emancipation »

The smart young adult stood tall with his hands tucked inside the pockets, face remained poker like always as he waited for a response from the other side of the door. ❝ Who is it? ❞ The feminine elder replied from the other side, putting a tensed grimace on Heeseung's face the moment the young boy heard it.

❝ It's chairman Lee Heeseung of ACE, I have some stuff to discuss about your daughter. ❞ Terror crept onto the grown-ups' faces at the mention of their missing daughter who seemingly escaped with no describable way from their household.

The door revealed the two brutal parents of Sohee as Heeseung and his lawyer gifted a bow, although his respect for the elders was concluded zero. ❝ Great day to you young man, what brings you here? ❞ Sohee's father spoke with a straight face, rather anxious in other words since god knows what their daughter told Heeseung. 

❝ Nothing much sir, I feel like I have the responsibility to inform you about some matter. ❞ The married couple exchanged gazes before making an affirmed response. ❝ Sohee's not home yet but sure, come in. ❞

Of course, she wasn't, she's at his mansion. Not to mention that the mythical creature knew it better than anyone else about the youngster's trauma. It's the main reason why he's here. To solve this matter, once and for all.

Heeseung displayed a fake smile, not activating his grim reaper powers so as not to kill Sohee's parents 'by accident' although he wished to. Gotta spare some mercy for his fiancée's birth-givers, right?

Which surprised Hee the most was that they didn't notice his companion- who in other words was the lawyer. Probably mistook him as his secretary or something.  ❝ I'd like to ask for your consent concerning Sohee. ❞ The parents beamed proud smiles on their faces at how thoughtful this young man was until Heeseung broke their expectations down.

❝ If it's about Sohee's marriage then we have no opposition against it-❞

❝ I hate to break it to you but it's a different topic. Heeseung stated as his lawyer also followed behind while placing a document on the coffee table. The two's eyes glided downwards onto the coffee table and their eyes went beyond widened the moment they examined the whitish paper. 

A satisfied smirk took a hold of Heeseung's face as he checked out the infuriated elders' faces. 

- flashback -

❝ What's this? ❞ Sohee started questioning the pile of papers, organized in their rightful places since she had no clue why Heeseung invited her to do some discussion with him inside the reading room. The youngster had mild knowledge about how the political world worked, unlike Heeseung who had to grow up under his boss' hands as a fostered son.