Chapter 014

« burden »

❝ Did you perhaps

❝ Did you perhaps...k-kill Sera because of me? ❞

She seemed rather shocked than relieved after what Heeseung had done. The young man adjusted his expression to something which was not surprised that Sohee saw his death note. What could she expect from a callous grim reaper like him?

❝ No, I just wanted her soul's energy. ❞ He lied, not delivering the truth that he's concerned for Sohee's well-being after getting picked on. After all, the youngster seemed to be targeted as the bully's victim and who knows whether they'll let her slip or not.

The teenager was full of bad amazement as her heart ached along with shivers. ❝ Oh...❞ Her feet stumbled as Sohee felt a bit horrified but who could she blame when Heeseung's a daunting myth that's connecting death to people.

What the guy had been keeping from Sohee was that, he actually didn't take the dead soul's energy for granted. But what concerned him was his soulmate's reputation that was gonna get ruined by that Sera girl making a huge fuss about him being her so-called sugar daddy in their perspectives.

Plus, Sohee appeared to be distressed about herself getting bad-mouthed. But the reaper didn't wanna show his sympathetic side to Sohee so that she wouldn't misunderstand him as someone who was great-hearted.

-

The youngster sat in the whitish tub whilst hugging her knees, fully dressed in clothes as she zoned out for a while.

' Having you is such a burden for us. '

The words still daunted down her poor soul as Sohee found isolation as her best friend once again. The dim light above her head hallucinated the image of loneliness which she'd suffered throughout her childhood. Either in the basement or at other places. The sore pain couldn't be easily erased and the nightmares were still catching up with Sohee's miserable soul.

A limpid tear rolled down her cheeks as Sohee felt her shivering body combining with the cold once the water reached her neck. But the girl's whirling emotions were too addled to notice the overloaded water in the tub. 

Unconsciously, the benumbed girl's head loosely sank under the water.

Along with her scattered emotions,

she wanted to disappear.

-

With a fuzzy vision and befuddled body, Ryu Sohee fluttered her eyes open, just to greet the plain ceiling as pain engulfed her body. The dopey girl was still feeling groggy as she exhaled and inhaled on repeat second by second.

❝ Why did you do that? ❞ The same raspy voice ghosted her dying soul as the youngster was fully awake, thanks to his voice that immediately questioned her once she'd wakened her dead soul up.