Chapter 029

TW // CHILD ABUSE

« trapped »

❝ Sohee? Hellooooo, earth to Ryu Sohee? ❞ Ningning repeatedly snapped her fingers in front of the girl whose mind was in a disastrous stage rather than being sat still like usual

❝ Sohee? Hellooooo, earth to Ryu Sohee? ❞ Ningning repeatedly snapped her fingers in front of the girl whose mind was in a disastrous stage rather than being sat still like usual. It wasn't bewildered, too busy with the admiration she felt for Lee Heeseung- or not. ❝ Aw? You called? ❞ She retorted, eyes blinking as her senses got collected again.

Ningning sceptically eyed her best friend, chin in palm while side-eyeing the sheepish girl with the caught off guard look. ❝ W-What? ❞ Sohee asked with her clueless eyes, playing dumb as it's too easy to get seen through.

❝ I wonder what got your eyes so hearty like this, even at school~ . ❞ Teasingly, Ningning quirked her brows upwards before nudging Sohee with her elbow. ❝ What do you mean by hearty? ❞ Was Sohee being too obvious that she's thinking about Heeseung's sympathetic personality traits?

❝ Stop pretending, we all know that you're thinking about your boyfriend~ . ❞ The Chinese female kept on cooing as Sohee couldn't easily brush off the blush that mounted up to her fair-toned cheeks. 

❝ It's definitely not like that! I don't even have a boy-❞

It would be beyond too daring of her to dare have the audacity to grow feelings for a myth who's willing to erase her out of his life, wouldn't it? ❝ Look here woman, I would be following your words if your fiancé didn't announce about you across the nation. There's nothing you need to hide from your besties. ❞ What Ningning was incapable of knowing was Sohee's mysterious secret that was never spoken to them before.

❝ Hi ladies! ❞ Sungchan with a smug immediately took a seat right next to Sohee after greeting his friends but his action caught Sohee to jolt up in surprise from her seat. ❝ Eh, what's wrong??? I'm not even a ghost for you to be this surprised. ❞ The goofball awkwardly laughed as Ningning was also bewildered by their friend's questionable behaviours.

❝ Sorry Sungchan but can I switch seats with Ningning? ❞ The said boy's face fell into sadness at the realization that his best friend was oddly treating him today. ❝ Did I do something wrong? ❞ Sungchan had never meant to insult or hurt his friends in any particular way but what really made the youngster suddenly distance herself from him like this.

❝ No, it's not your fault or anything important at all! ❞ What caused Sohee to stay remote from guys was Heeseung's warning that she'll get harmed as long as she's a grim reaper's soulmate and stays close to guys. After all, she gotta follow the myth's rules since she's his fated soulmate anyway.

Only if the teenager knew that her soulmate was just flaming in jealousy when he said those made-up words.

After a few moments of settling down with the bothersome periods of school, the two girls finally exited the school gate. A surprise was unexpectedly waiting for Sohee as the young teenager's jaw dropped, speechless to eye who was waiting for her along with the shock.