Chapter 019

« tragedy »

' They're living together? '  The young boy with confused eyes stared at the smart figure in his suit right in front of him

' They're living together? '  The young boy with confused eyes stared at the smart figure in his suit right in front of him. But weren't they just engaged though? Living together was a bit suspicious since Sohee just told him that he's just three years older.

Plus, she's still in high school and they aren't legally together yet. ❝ Who...? ❞ Heeseung murmured underneath his breath whilst scanning the strange face from head to toe. He didn't seem like he'd been here before or was his worker. Judging from the same uniform which he's wearing like Sohee, Heeseung guessed that it might be one of her schoolmates but what was he doing inside his house?

❝ Perhaps, are you and Sohee living together...? ❞ Sungchan with a look of disbelief questioned as he turned on a fist gaze at the young chairman in his suit. Wasn't it illegal? Heeseung tilted his head to the side for a while. This boy appeared to be shocked than he usually was and his widened eyes proved it anyway. ❝ Why—❞ 

Before Sungchan could put his sentence to an end, Heeseung used his powers on the high school student and erased him out of his sight. Of course, the youngster's memories were now reset or else that boy might spread fake rumours related to Sohee at school.

Who was he?

-

The nostalgic night led Sohee's mind to the dark and insecure thoughts of her biological family whom she ran away from. She couldn't even get out of her bed to eat dinner since her body felt too dense.

What if they're searching for her?

What if they're worried that she might spread their hidden bad reputation but not her safety?

Those bewildered questions kept roaming in her brain as her lips automatically trembled in sudden fear. Sohee didn't wanna go back to the terrifying basements for weeks and pretend that everything was alright at school when she's deeply abused and had been tolerating for several years by now.

It would be a dead-end for Sohee if her parents ever came to school to search for her and those unimaginable punishments she might receive if she'd gotten caught would be horrifying.

❝ N-No...❞ Sohee stuttered as horror traumatized her more than enough already and sinking into that terrifying black hole would be just a tragedy for her.

The teenager, left alone on her mattress hugged her knees in a crouched position whilst shivering in fright as her chest ached rapidly that Sohee couldn't do anything to halt the unknown pain. Little did Sohee know, her soulmate on the other hand also con-cured the same pain as his chest unknowingly kept hurting alongside the annoying adrenaline pumping through.

Seemed like sleeping wouldn't be so easy for the two unsecured soulmates who felt the pain linking inside their souls. They're told to feel the impact of one's misery internally as long as they're soulmates.