Chapter 009

« complication »

❝ How did you know Heeseung, Sohee? ❞ Remembering the elder and hers promise, the asked girl knew that it wasn't a simple thing that should be easily shared with others

❝ How did you know Heeseung, Sohee? ❞ Remembering the elder and hers promise, the asked girl knew that it wasn't a simple thing that should be easily shared with others. Even if Jangmi was close to him or not, it wasn't a random thing for her to slip without properly knowing.

If Jangmi was a fellow grim reaper of Heeseung, she would've also known about Sohee being the lucky victim who had escaped the death trap. ❝ I could ask you the same thing. ❞ Smirking, Sohee didn't return a certain answer for her to catch nor guess.

Jangmi also had her own problem since she wasn't in a position to admit her secret identity from the recent past to Ryu Sohee since they're just mere classmates. ❝ Never mind, I'll ask him myself. ❞ Huffing, the curious girl just reversed her steps towards the original seat and flipped her hair backwards.

The question which she's currently dwelling was, are they really that close to even dig up about each other's secrets?

_

The spooky community glided gazes towards the income who's relaxedly stepping in. Taking off his black pitched hat, the appealing face revealed itself as Heeseung took a seat right next to Beomgyu with his crossed legs.

❝ Oho, Ethan Lee looking distressed for the first time, ay? ❞ Shin Ryujin teased, amused yet surprised to see a change on the poker-faced reaper who appeared to be reflecting with gloominess. The boy just gave her an intimidating reaction before exhaling heavily since he instantly needed help from the co-grim reapers who were walking on the same line as him.

Jeongin sniggered, halfway amused since he'd never seen the newbie being so stressed as Ryujin said. ❝ At least he's better than Chenle nagging. ❞ Roasting black-haired sweetheart with huge cheek bones, Jeongin entertained the rest of their squad.

❝ Y-Yah, it's not my problem that people are hella dumb for wanting to escape death when they committed so many sins! ❞ Chenle tried to defend himself back, just receiving an amused laughter from his colleagues as it resulted the boy to pout his pearly lips. ❝ Yeah, yeah we get it. ❞ Minjeong convinced her other grim reaper friends to follow along Chenle, or else the handsome Chinese would uncontrollably go onwards.

❝ So, what made you hold a meeting on the intsant? ❞ Jaehyuk eyed his friend who rarely appeared at congressional meetings reserved for grim reapers only. The others also followed his action as all eyes remained on Heeseung, waiting for a response.

He didn't wanna appear in this creepy yet chaotic congression with these nut heads but on the other hand, they were his only grim reaper colleagues and 'friends' who could give answers to his unknown questions which were yet to be solved.

Beomgyu pouted his lips, low-key feeling sorrowful since he's the oldest among them by centuries and yet, there's nothing helpful he could do to help or understand Heeseung's concerning problem. ❝ Do any of you know how to break the black thread? ❞