one.

PART ONE

- four years later -

MADELYN WOKE TO THE SOUND OF HER ALARM CLOCK NEAR HER BED. The twins were coming to pick her up and take her to the Burrow for the Quidditch World Cup. Her father didn't like the friends she associated with, he didn't have much choice because none of the Slytherines would talk to her, but he was still angry.

When Madelyn got sorted into her house, the hat immediately yelled 'Gryffindor'. Her father was furious, to say the least. When she got home for winter break that year, he had made it clear that he wanted her to be a part of whatever he was. She would sit in the meetings, beside Draco and her father, and listen to them go on and on about the Dark Lord.

Once she was somewhat awake, she walked into her closet and picked out a simple outfit, jeans and a sweater. She then braided her hair in two french braids and made sure her mothers necklace was still hanging around her neck. She then grabbed her trunk and cat, Nala, before heading downstairs, quietly.

Her father was already asleep, so hopefully she wouldn't have any problems. She let her cat walk down the stairs first before lifting up her trunk so she wouldn't drag it across the stairs. Her wand was tucked safely in her pocket as she tried her hardest to tip toe down. She stepped on one step that made a sudden creak to which she silently cursed at herself before continuing down.

Once she was at the bottom, she softly put her trunk down and walked over to the windows beside the front door. Her father was rich, there's no doubt about it. Their house was much like the Malfoy Manor, just a tad bit lighter. They had a cream colored, stone exterior with a balcony that wrapped around the whole mansion. The front doors were two black double doors that contrasted the white perfectly.

The windows were always concealed with dark curtains so nobody could see in. The first floor had the kitchen and living area, as well as the dining room where all of Mr. Willow's friends met. The upstairs had guest rooms along with Madelyn and her fathers room. The third floor was forbidden to Madelyn, she had only been once and she deeply regrets her curiosity that night. Her fathers office was up there, that much she knew.

Around the house outside, was a garden that circled around. Madelyn's mother loved to plant flowers, especially roses. Madelyn's mother, Sophie Willows, was a kind woman. She had soft brown hair with the kindest blue eyes. Everyone who knew her would say that Madelyn was the split image of her mother.

When Madelyn was 8, her mother suffered a terrible accident. She was in a car crash, Madelyn was in the back seat as they were driving back home from a trip to Paris. She doesn't remember most of that night, she just knows what her father told her.

She pulled the curtain back and spotted the Ford Angelia that Harry and Ron had driven into Hogwarts their second year. She chuckled at the memory before grabbing her things and slowly walking towards the door. She opened it slowly, followed by a slight creak, before slipping outside and closing it just as carefully.