twenty seven.

it's a little short and kinda a filler butttttTHE JUICY STUFF IS COMING I PROMISE!!

THE JUICY STUFF IS COMING I PROMISE!!

MADDIE SPENT THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AVOIDING FRED. Her excuse was trying to get back in the groove of going to classes everyday. To her surprise, Fred believed it. She thought it was because he realized something was up but that she wasn't going to tell him.

It wasn't hard to avoid him at night, she and Draco were in the room of requirement most of the time.

"Fuck!" Madelyn heard Malfoy yell followed by a hard kick against the cabinet from where she was sitting, reading books. Maddie stood up, walking over to where Draco was struggling. It was definetly a challenge to work with him, he would get so angry and take it out on everyone, sometimes her.

"Kicking it is not going to help anything." She spoke, placing her hands on her hips as she looked down at him crouching on the floor. He turned his head, reaching his gaze up to her while rolling his eyes. He was sick and tired of her trying to see the best in things while working through this.

"I don't know why they fucking put us up to this. It's not going to bloody work." Malfoy placed his hands on the brown cabinet, pulling himself up. "Did you find anything?"

"No. I'm trying to look for the spell that Borgin told us to find, but there's nothing in any of these books." Maddie picked up one that was on the ground, flipping through the pages once more. Draco ran his fingers through his hair, pulling at the roots.

He didn't want to be spending all year working on this, he had other things to do. Other people to get to.

"Well, try bloody harder." He spit out, his teeth gritting as he spoke. He turned and left wihtout another word, slamming the door behind him.

Maddie rolled her eyes and started packing up her things. "Just because you're in a bloody mood, doesn't mean you have to take it out on others." She spoke to herself, sighing.

She knew he was tired, she was too. But she wasn't taking it out on everyone she knew just because they were there. She really hoped whoever he was hanging with didn't get the same reaction everyone else did.

Maddie started walking to the door, wanting to head towards the library to maybe find some other books. She opened the door a crack, looking out into the hall to make sure nobody was coming before pulling the door open and slipping out. She thought the room of requirement was a very interesting thing. She wondered if anybody else had seen the room before.

She also wondered a lot about Fred in these last few days. She was worried about him and hoped he didn't think she didn't care about him. She just didn't want to bring him into this and get him hurt.

The truth was, she felt ashamed of herself and didn't want Fred to feel ashamed of her too.

Madelyn clutched her books tightly to her chest, her eyes staring down at her feet. These passed few days felt like she was walking the halls in a haze, she often stared at her feet and tried not to make eye contact with anyone else. She felt it was easier to avoid her friends if she didn't look at them. It took away the guilty feeling she had.