seven.

I apologize for the wait and this chapter is kinda shit but um- yeah, enjoy

THE NEXT FEW DAYS WENT BY IN A BLUR FOR MADDIE. She would wake up with dried tear stained cheeks, skip breakfast and head to her first class, skip lunch and read in the library instead. She might've shown up to dinner if Hermione drags her but she's mostly in her room under the covers, thinking about what she could've done wrong to hurt Fred.

She hadn't been bothered by Malfoy in a bit, just the simple scowl and glare from time to time. George came to her room a few times and brought some food up and left it by the door after she didn't respond when he would knock.

Hermione told everyone that she wanted space, which she was grateful for, but Fred was feeling terribly guilty. He had never seen her hurt this much to the point where she didn't even want to talk to Harry. Fred decided it was probably best to give her space and stay away from her for a bit, he knew he would probably think of Cedric and hurt her again.

He didn't sit with the golden trio at meals anymore, for the small chance she might show up, and tried to avoid them in the halls as much as possible. Madelyn was hurt even more that he was avoiding her. Did she really hurt him that much?

She often thought about what Fred had said with the whole Cedric thing. Why would she ask Cedric? She didn't ever see them talking so she doubted he had told him anything. Maybe he didn't like Cedric but what would that matter? He was helping her with her classes, Fred couldn't be that selfish to not want her to do well in school.

Madelyn had Hermione cancel her study session with Cedric for the night before because she didn't really want to get out of bed. It was now Friday and Hermione wouldn't stop talking about the Sytherin party that she was going to drag Maddie to.

"Please, Mads? You need to get out of this bed anyway and there'll be drinks!" Hermione pleaded to the back of Maddie who was turned on her side in her bed. Madelyn shook her head and Hermione sighed, leaving the room before soon returning with George.

"Alright, love. Come on, we need to get you up." He walked around the bed when Maddie groaned and crouched down so he was level to her face. She opened one eye and looked at him before pulling the blanket up over her head. "You doin okay?" He asked and she nodded her head through the blanket.

George sat criss-crossed on the floor in front of her bed, glancing towards Hermione who was leaving the room. George picked up the blanket slowly to reveal Madelyn and her red puffy eyes.

"Oh, darling." George got on the bed with her, wrapped his arms around her so she was laying on his chest. "Please tell me what's wrong. We're all worried about you." Maddie clutched George's chest as a lump caught in her throat. She didn't want to cry, she had already cried too much. "Was it what happened at the first task?"