sixteen.

tw: hardcore smutyou're welcome

tw: hardcore smut
you're welcome

MADDIE WAS HELPING MOLLY PREPARE THE CHRISTMAS EVE DINNER WHILE THE BOYS PLAYED GAMES IN THE LIVING ROOM. Christmas break had been amazing so far, she had spent a lot of time with Fred and his family along with Hermione and Harry.

They played so many quidditch games in the back, Fred insisting Maddie be on his and George's team and evidently they always won. Hermione and Maddie counted up the books they read over first semester and Maddie won the contest they put in place. Fred had given her a celebratory kiss on the cheek in front of everyone.

Early Christmas Eve morning, Maddie and Hermione went shopping for some gifts for everyone that was staying at the Burrow. She had a very easy time finding things for everyone else. She picked out a new book for Hermione, some new treats for Ron, she got Harry some new quills since he kept breaking his, Molly some candles for her home, Arthur a book about fascinating muggle things, George some pencils for his drawings, Ginny a fuzzy blanket for her room because she always got cold, and Neville a little plant that she would bring back to school to give to him.

But she found it extremely difficult to find a gift for Fred. She didn't know why. Did she not know him enough? Was she a terrible girlfriend? She was scared he would hate everything she picked up and Hermione really tried to give her some ideas but she didn't think any of them were good enough.

She really wanted to thank him for everything he did for her.

They walked into many stores and by the time she finally found something that she thought was perfect, it was already dark out and they had to get back to help Molly get ready for dinner. She purchased the item and the two girls apperated back to the Burrow. Fred tried to sneakily grab into the back but Maddie smacked his hand away and hid it in her room safely.

She was peeling potatoes with Molly, glancing over at Fred who screamed every so often when he grew closer to winning. She heard Molly chuckle beside her and she glanced up as she brought over a broccoli stem.

"He talked about you so much in his letters this year." She said as she began to run the broccoli under the water. Maddie blushed and looked back at Fred. "He's crazy about you, always has been."

"I still somehow don't really believe that." Maddie admitted with a laugh. She placed her peeled potatoes in a bowl and ran them under the water before placing them on a cutting board, ready to slice.

"Well, you weren't standing on the sidelines watching how he looked at you." She said with a wink before walking over to the oven and pulling out some baked goods. Maddie pulled her bottom lip between her teeth and smiled. She thought it was so cute that Fred had talked to his mother about her in his letter.

She felt arms wrap around her waist and continued to cut the potatoes as Fred rested his head on her shoulder. He hugged her to her chest and kept her close to him and slightly swayed their bodies to the music that was playing on the record player in the background. Another one of Arthur's muggle findings.