nineteen.

"HARRY, I THOUGHT YOU FIGURED THE EGG OUT WEEKS AGO

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"HARRY, I THOUGHT YOU FIGURED THE EGG OUT WEEKS AGO. THE TASK IS IN TWO DAYS!" Maddie whispered to the boy, expressing her disappointment. They were currently in Snape's class taking a test. The two of them had finished early, having stayed up the night before studying for it together.

"I know, Mads. Hermione already gave me the blow for it." He whispered back, looking down at his paper and trying to make it seem like he was working. If Snape thought they were cheating, it was a one way ticket to detention for them.

"But you are trying to figure it out, right?" She was worried for him, he was the youngest out of the champions and he didn't really know what he was doing.

"Well, I was actually going to ask you about that." He glanced up at her from the side and she raised her eyebrows, "Could you talk to Cedric with me? He would help me if you were there."

To be honest, Maddie got nervous whenever Cedric was brought up. She didn't like the thought of him or what he had done to her, but she knew that Harry had done so much for her and she did owe him. Plus, Fred would never let Cedric do anything bad to her. She agreed and they set up a time to meet in the courtyard after class to talk to Cedric.

Maddie was walking across the snow covered grass, her hands tucked in the pockets of one of Fred's jumpers and a scarf wrapped tightly around her neck. She didn't bother seeing Fred beforehand because she knew he would probably convince her out of going to see Cedric. But, she really wanted to help Harry.

"Thank you, Maddie, really." Harry said as he caught up with the girl and they started walking towards the bridge. She nodded, biting her lip and rubbing Fred's ring with her thumb.

"Hey, Potter." They saw Cedric standing on the bridge, his eyes ran up and down Maddie's body before settling in Harry's face. Maddie grew uneasy at the sight of Cedric but forced her nerves down her throat. "Madelyn."

"Cedric."

"How are you? How's that little boyfriend of yours, Maddie?" Cedric smirked and Maddie smiled up at him.

"He's doing great. Thank you for asking." Cedric stepped towards her and Harry put his arm out in front of her, stopping him. Honestly, Cedric wasn't who Maddie thought he was, who she had looked up to all those years ago.

He only cared about girls and sex.

"I wanted to ask about the task." Harry said and Cedric stepped back.

"And why should I help you?"

"Because I'm sure everyone would be thrilled to find out what the golden boy little Cedric said at the party." Maddie said, holding back a smirk. Cedric clenched his jaw, debating his options.

He sighed, "The prefects bathroom on the fifth floor, just take your egg and... mull things over in the hot water." Harry thanked him before grabbing Maddie's hand and pulling her back towards the courtyard.