six.

MADELYN HUGGED HER BOOKS TIGHTLY TO HER CHEST AS SHE MANEUVERED THROUGH THE CROWD OF STUDENTS GETTING BACK TO THEIR COMMON ROOMS ON A THURSDAY NIGHT

MADELYN HUGGED HER BOOKS TIGHTLY TO HER CHEST AS SHE MANEUVERED THROUGH THE CROWD OF STUDENTS GETTING BACK TO THEIR COMMON ROOMS ON A THURSDAY NIGHT. She was meeting Cedric in the library for the first time to help her with charms and she was a bit nervous.

She never really talked to Cedric and didn't really know what would be good topics to bring up with him. She was also very worried that he would think she was stupid because she couldn't produce a bloody spell.

She picked up her pace, it was a little over seven and she didn't want to keep Cedric waiting. She had told Hermione that she wanted to study in her room before meeting Cedric so she didn't go to dinner and tried to work on some spells.

She ended up breaking a lamp that was on Hermione's bedside table. She would probably go to Hogsmeade that weekend to get her a new one. She didn't really know how it happened. She had aimed her wand at the cup and it somehow went behind the cup and to the lamp.

She pushed through the doors of the library, spotting Cedric at one of the tables in the back with a few books out around him. She took a deep breath before walking up to the table and taking the seat beside him.

"Hey," She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and placed her books on the table, opening them up to the spells they were currently working on in class.

Cedric lifted his head, a smile coming on his face as he pushed his book aside, "Hey, Maddie. How are you?"

"I'm good, how are you?" She asked and he said the same. He brought his hand out towards her book and pushed it so it was sideways to them and they could both see it. "We worked on the banishing charm in class the other day. That's when Flitwick told me to ask you." Cedric nodded his head and turned away from her, bending down next to his chair and grabbing something out of his bag.

"I brought some stuff that we can practice your spells on." He placed a cup, a rock and an old book on the table in front of her charms book. "Okay, so the banishing charm is 'Depulso'?" Madelyn nodded, biting her lip as a habit while Cedric looked back in the book. "First we need to get the motion down.

She nodded and he stood up, walking around the table to come beside her. He grabbed her wand off the table and then her hand, placing her wand in her hand. She shivered at the feeling of his cold hands on her skin.

"So it's just like drawing the letter U in the air." His mouth was close to her ear, sending shivers down her spin and Maddie gulped. He moved her hand in his, making a U shape as it pointed at the cup. "Then say, Depulso."

He let go of her hand to let her do it herself but still stayed by her side, now placing a hand on the back of her chair and the other on the table in front of them. She took a deep breath and practiced the motion of the U herself before focusing on the cup in front of them.

"Depulso." She said while doing the motion and to her surprise the cup was sent away to the other side of the table. She let out a chuckle and smiled up at Cedric and he congratulated her.