eighteen.

tw: talks about edwhen i said that the last chapter was sad, i liedsome shit like starts happening

tw: talks about ed
when i said that the last chapter was sad, i lied
some shit like starts happening... anywayyyy
also, i just wanna say that i fucking love fred weasley

THE STUDENTS HAD ALL MADE IT BACK TO HOGWARTS AND WERE GETTING BACK INTO THEIR ROUTINES OF GOING TO CLASSES. Maddie was definitely not excited to be going to class, Hermione on the other hand was more than happy to be taking notes with her listening ears open. Maddie didn't know how she did it, she didn't know how she could even stay awake for the whole class period.

McGonagall's voice droned on and on while Maddie's eyes slightly shut and she rested her chin on her hand. She felt herself getting very tired often. Her sweater hug her body tightly, she often found herself getting cold as well. She had a hard time falling asleep but she didn't want to bother anyone about it, they already did so much for her.

Harry lightly pushed the girl and her head shot up just as Professor McGonagall turned to her. "Oh, Miss Willows, perhaps you could tell us the effects of crinus muto." Maddie gulped and looked towards Harry for help.

"Um," her face heated up and she could feel everyone's eyes on her. Her palms started sweating as her heart sped up, "I- um," she rubbed her palms on her skirt, she didn't like speaking in class. "I don't know." She spoke quietly and McGonagall moved onto Hermione who was raising her hand eagerly.

Maddie cursed herself and picked at the skin on the side of her fingers. Why couldn't she answer a stupid question? She felt like everyone thought she was stupid and was laughing at her or talking about her. She sunk in her chair, just ready for this day to be over already.

The class ended shortly and Maddie left the classroom faster than you could say Quidditch. She gripped her books tightly to her chest as she walked fast to the common room, desperate to just lay in bed and take a nap.

She placed her books on her desk and tore her shoes off, pulling back her covers and jumping in bed. She sighed when her head hit the pillow, pulling the covers back over her freezing body and closing her eyes as sleep began to overcome her.

Fred has tried to look for the girl as soon as class ended and made his way to her last class, finding all of her friends but her. He looked to Harry with a worried look, "Where's Maddie?"

"I don't know, I think she went to bed. She almost fell asleep in class." Harry explained.

"She got embarrassed, McGonagall asked a question and she didn't know it." Hermione added, feeling bad for the girl. She knew how draining school was for her, being her roommate she saw how much time she spent trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Fred walked past the group and pushed his way through the crowd to get to his girl. He was scared she was going to do something that she would regret later and he wanted to stop it if he could. He made it to her dorm as soon as he could, bursting it to find her sleeping with her hands pulled up on the side of her face between her head and the pillow.