five.

tw: ed and sh

tw: ed and sh

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMART," Ron spoke from beside Maddie as she struggled to produce the banishing charm on the book in front of them. She glared at him in response and tried to regain her concentration on the spell.

"Depulso!" When nothing happened, Ron laughed beside her. She continued to struggle with the voice of Professor Flitwick congratulating students who had gotten it in the background. She started getting frustrated and dropped her wand on the desk.

She had always had trouble with charms, she didn't know why but she could never do the spells they had asked. Everyone tried to help her, even the twins, but she could never get it. Professor Flitwick came up to her and Ron's table and asked for them to preform the spells because class was ending.

Ron did it effortlessly while Madelyn couldn't produce the spell at all. Flitwick gave her a pitiful look and dismissed the rest of the class, having Madelyn stay behind.

"Miss Willows, I've noticed you've been struggling a lot in my class." She frowned and gave him an apologetic look.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just can't seem to do the spells." She opened her mouth to say more before he stopped her.

"I heard you went to the Quidditch World Cup with the Diggory's, yes?"

"Yeah, I don't know what that has to do with anything." She stated as Flitwick moved up towards his desk.

"Cedric Diggory is one of my best students, I think he might be able to help you. I could ask him for you if you'd like." She shook her head.

"No, I'll find him sometime. I can ask him. Thank you professor." He gave a warm smile and Maddie grabbed her books before leaving the classroom and making her way to the black lake. She was supposed to meet Harry and Neville there.

She stuck her hands in her pockets when she got out into the cool fall air. Students were gathered in the courtyard conversing after another day of classes was finally over. She spotted Fred and George talking to some of their friends over by a tree. Fred noticed her and waved her over.

"Where are you going, Mads?" Fred asked and she held her books tighter to her chest as she approached the guys. She often got nervous around Fred and George's friends, they were really intimidating.

"Down to the lake with Harry and Neville." She replied. She stopped in front of Fred who sat on a huge branch of the tree that was only a few feet off the ground and looked around warely at his friends. They were all staring at her and she suddenly felt self conscious. Did she look weird? Was Draco right? Was she gaining weight?

"Lay off the looks, why are you bloody staring?" Fred spoke up and his friends immediately fell into conversation with one another, not paying attention to Madelyn anymore. "You cold, love?"