three.

MADELYN GROANED AS HER, HARRY, HERMIONE AND RON MADE THEIR WAY TO THE DADA CLASSROOM

MADELYN GROANED AS HER, HARRY, HERMIONE AND RON MADE THEIR WAY TO THE DADA CLASSROOM. They were a little over a few minutes late and everyone was trying to ease their pounding headaches. Not even five minutes earlier, the boys had banged on the girls door, yelling at them to wake up.

They finally made their way into class and saw the same man they saw yesterday at dinner writing his name on the board. The four slipped in their seats, almost safe of getting caught.

"Late on your first day back?" Professor Moody turned his body around and stared at Harry while his other eye kept moving over the other three.

"Um, we apologize, sir. We slept in late." Hermione spoke up for them, Maddie internally thanking her. Moody started explaining himself before asking about the curses. Hermione raised her hand, "Three, sir."

"And they are so named?" Moody turned around and wrote something on the board as Hermione gulped. Maddie started playing with the ends of her skirt. She knew quite a lot about the curses, her father taught her all of them. He even made her watch him preform them on an innocent woman, she's felt bad ever since.

"Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will-"

"Will earn you a one way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different!" Maddie sank down in her chair and her breathing started to quicken. An image of her father using the curses on the muggle that was unfortunate enough to be walking outside at that hour, kept flashing through her mind. "So which curse shall we see first? Weasley!"

"Yes..." Ron stared up at the man in uncertainty before answering him. "Well, my dad did tell me about one, the imperious curse."

"Ahh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." Moody popped a jar open and pulled out a spider. Maddie closed her eyes.

"Hello. What a little beauty." He used his wand to fly the spider around the room, a few students getting scared and moving away. "Don't worry. Completely harmless. But if she bites... She's lethal!" He laughed along with Malfoy. "What are you laughing at?" Moody sent the spider onto Malfoy's face and he started getting scared like a little boy. He started screaming at his friends to get it off him as the rest of the glass laughed at him. "Another... another... Longbottom is it? Up."

Neville stood up slowly and looked up at him with fear over his face. "There's the um... the cruciatus curse."

"Correct! Particularly nasty. The torture curse." Neville started to get un-easy but Moody didn't seem to notice.

"Stop it! It's bothering him!" Madelyn spoke up to which Moody stared at her for a minute, some sort of recognition flashing across his face. He turned back to the spider and stopped, before picking it up.