Hero Basic Training

It was the next day, and you had run into Kuroiro at the cafe you went to every morning.

"So... uh... what's your favourite drink here?" He asked. You looked up at the menu. "How can you tell which one's your favourite?"

"It's the one that makes you happiest."

Happiest. You stared upon the menu and skimmed through the different drinks. They were all pretty good... but the one that made you happiest?

"I... don't know." You finally answered. "I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "No, no, it's.. it's fine. My favourite is that one." He pointed to the display case of different drinks, right at the middle one. "Wanna order the same one?"

You nodded as the two of you got to the counter. He ordered the two for you and you both sat down. You took a sip and felt a warm feeling inside you.

"Kuroiro..."You began, placing your hand on your chest.

"Yes?"

"Are cold drinks supposed to warm you up?"

He tilted his head in confusion, then noticed your hand over your chest. "That's not warmth." He said, smiling a bit.

You looked up at him. "Kuroiro... can two people have the same favourite drink?"

"Of course they can."

"Then... can we?"

"Sure."

He waited for a smile or something, but you continued to stare at your drink. "L/N, why do you never smile...?"

You peered at him, and noticed that he had a concerned expression on his face. Taking the straw and stirring your drink, you answered, "I can't.... I think. I've never really felt like I needed to."

You expected him to ask more questions, and then you'd not be willing to answer them, and then he'd leave, and then- "Alright." Wait, what?

"You're not going to ask why?" You questioned. "Well, that's an invasion of privacy, and while my quirk is black, there are some things that I'm willing to keep in the dark."

You stared at him for a minute. "Your energy was so nervous when I accidentally bumped into you earlier. But you seem more relaxed now."

He nodded. "I.. I don't normally speak to girls. Or anyone for that matter." You hummed. "I noticed that you speak more dramatically when you're around people other than me. Is there a reason?"

"You just don't seem like someone who'd be into that. And... I like you as a friend."

You froze. Friend... Mirio mentioned it once. He said that it was someone who made you happy and was always there for you. "Someone that makes me happy..." You muttered. "I... think you're someone that makes me happy."

He smiled. "Thank you..."

.

.

.

You entered Class 1A and sat at your desk.

The day dragged on, and you were honestly bored. English was useless since you were fluent since the age of four. Then there was lunchtime.

You sat at the same table you normally sit at, and to your surprise, Todoroki sat across from you like the day before.

"I see there's no one sitting here again." He said, looking around. It seemed like a rude remark, but the two of you didn't seem to take it that way.