Remedial Exams

.

.

.

"Get up, Shouto!"

He got whacked in the face with a pillow and he opened his eyes, seeing you standing over him with a pillow in your right hand and his uniform in your left. "You'll be late. Hurry up."

Shouto had completely forgotten that you were instructed to be in his room, so naturally, he needed a moment to process the reason of why you were in his dorm. You slept on the other side of the wall he had built in his dorm. He worried that you didn't get any sleep at all.

You walked out of the room, leaving his uniform neatly folded next to his bed, and shut the door. He heard his dorm room door shut and knew that he should get ready before you set him on fire.

Accidentally, of course.

He walked out of his dorm at the same time as Bakugou. "Let's go." He said, quickly tugging at Bakugou's short temper. "Don't tell me what to do!"

Shouto wasn't as short tempered, so he didn't mind not telling Bakugou what to do. He simply walked in front of the ball of anger, which obviously, angered him. Along with angry, quiet mutters, Shouto and Bakugou made their way to the front.

"Good morning." You greeted to them both, although you were quickly overpowered by another hero who was standing with you and All Might. "Bad boys!! You're late!"

"I thought it was going to be All Might, Y/N, and Aizawa-sensei?"

"Wait," Bakugou pointed at you. "why are you coming?"

"I was told to accompany the two of you quite a while ago. Aizawa-sensei was supposed to come, but he will be out of commission for a while for Eri."

"That's right!" Present Mic struck a pose, his arms crossed over his chest. "You get All Might and I instead, for extra protection!"

You sighed, as if Present Mic was using both his and your energy that morning. "I was supposed to be your only chaperone, but seeing as the League of Villains has been showing up, all three of us are coming. Right, All Might?"

"Correct. And being late is a no-no, so get on that bus."

Your quirk suddenly sent you a surge of emotions from everyone around you and your head began to throb. It was like your quirk was a broken record; working one second, broken the next. You turned to Shouto, seeing his annoyed expression, and tilted your head.

What's wrong with him?

Upon arriving at the remedial exams, you separated from Shouto and Bakugou and went to the spectator's seats. You didn't linger like All Might and Present Mic, since you worried that you may run into Endeavour.

You sat down, watching the students walk into the arena. You pulled your hood down over most of your face, but left it up enough that you could see.

"Um... Today, we've rented out this fully-equip sports centre for you training. Lately, I've actually been scared of sleeping for a change. I'm Mera, and we have a special day planned."

You stared at the Hero Public Safety Commissioner, his eyes looking weary, and a clear shadow over him. A shadow likely whispering to him to go to sleep.

"Before we get started, there've been ten of you attending this course so far. But today, number 11 will be joining you."

The air around you suddenly got really hot, as if summer had come in moments, until you realized who was sitting just a chair away from you. How did you realize?