Enchanting

"Y/N," Shouto knocked on your door and he heard your affirming grunt from inside to allow him in. He opened the door and saw your two suitcases across the floor, one already filled with clothes and small boxes of jewelry in which you kept the necklaces and earrings you had gotten from your classmates.

He stared at the one that wasn't filled yet, only with a few books in the corner and a scarf draped over them.

Your back faced him as you sorted through your books, making the difficult decision to find which ones to keep and which ones to store away for the next year.

"Did you need something?"

He shook his head. "I wanted to check on you. Are you really bringing everything?"

"I won't bring anything that's available in France that isn't dear to me." You placed a book in the box and paused, brought it back out, and stared at it in contemplation again.

"Are you having trouble...?"

"No, no..." You blinked. "Perhaps."

He smiled warmly at you. Your face flushed at the sudden change in facial expression and you hid it behind your hair.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

Shouto moved your hair behind your ear. "Don't hide your face. My sister told me that it makes people seem timid."

You felt your heart begin to beat outside your chest and you covered it with your hand. The quickened beats that Hagakure had described before.

You held your head low again and your hair fell from its place.

"Here." Shouto took your hand and pulled the hair tie off your wrist. "Turn around, please."

He began pulling your hair back, careful to not leave out any strands, combing through your white locks ever so gently.

You were still getting used to such gentle motions. The way he kept asking if a tug at a tangle hurt you or how slow his fingers combed through your strands.

"Alright." Shouto moved his hands away. "Your face is brighter when you keep your hair out of your face."

"...Thank you." You scratched at an area of your neck. "I didn't know how to do my hair."

"You could get Yaoyorozu to teach you how to tie it. Or Bakugou."

"Bakugou?"

"I heard he can do hair."

Your lips straightened. "I don't think he'd be willing to teach me whether he can or not." You stroked the ponytail and breathed out. "Fuyumi taught you how to tie your hair?"

"Well, I asked her so I could help you since I noticed that you often hide behind your hair."

"You notice a lot of things about me."

"I know... It's strange."

You nodded. While you admit that you don't do the greatest job of avoiding attention, he watches you so closely.

To notice everything about you, even things you didn't know about yourself.

"Do you know that you pause when your hair is blowing in the wind?" You question.

He blinked. "What?"

"You instinctively pause when the wind is blowing in your hair." You picked up a book from your shelf and tossed it in his direction. "That's a textbook."

He stared at the textbook for a moment. "Do I really do that?"

"Yes. Like a Shoujo protagonist."

"What's Shoujo?"