Epilogue

Breaking News

After possibly centuries of torment from the tyrant, All For One, he has perished under mysterious circumstances, with nothing remaining but what seems to be ashes.

On a presumably related note, Tomura Shigaraki has escaped Tartarus and is now unaccounted for. Former partners, including Toga, Spinner and Mr. Compress, are also unaccounted for, although heroes and police are not considering them a threat.

"They're all in pretty severe condition," says Detective Tsukauchi. "Too severe to be able to do 'villain work'. At least, not the same villainy that they did a few years back."

However, one former member of the league, Dabi, who was revealed to be Touya Todoroki six years ago, remains in Tartarus. Former pro hero Endeavour will report with his visit with him, which will happen later.

I pressed the power button on the remote and glanced at the long, white dress that the mannequin in the corner wore. I didn't know how to properly explain to a person what I wanted on my wedding dress, so I resorted to making it on my own.

"Staring at it won't make it magically appear in your body," Mina sang once the makeup artist finally moved on from her lips and went to her eyeshadow.

I chuckled and stood. "You're right. Nejire, help me out?"

"With pleasure!"

I think there's one thing that I will never regret no matter how often I think of it, and that'll be not leaving UA.

It was always a belief that I was too strong. All For One believed that I was too strong to get close to people, and I believed I was too strong for anyone to consider being my friend.

Let alone marrying me.

But as I was writing my vows, sewing together the fabric of my dress, figuring out a hairstyle, hiring artists, it all became real.

Strength sets people apart, my father used to say. After a while with strength, and a while with weakness, I'd say it brings people together. To protect, to support, it is all a part of strength and vulnerability, to coexist with one another.

"Y/N, dépêche-toi!" Aster called, opening the door to the hotel room. "Vous n'êtes pas nerveuse, est-toi?"

"Hm... un petit peu."

Aster's eyes softened and he sighed, sitting on the bed and watching me stare at myself in the tall mirror hung on the wall. "Tu es très belle aujourd'hui, t'sais?"

"...Merci." I hadn't seen Aster for a few years up until he came back to Japan for my wedding. Justin had worried, knowing that certain things I had once known hadn't been relearned yet, but I thought I was ready.

The world hadn't been kind but it hadn't quite been unfair. To have such power in my hands was a blessing, no matter who it came from.

Once I had a start just like everyone else, unable to properly control my power as if I was a child, not feeling as though strings were attached to my limbs, guiding my path, I think I paid the world back.

The guilt, grief, anger and pain had receded.

It was time for new memories.

I was led outside into the garden where the reception was to be held and saw Shouto's back facing me, a bridge that went over a small stream separating us.

I swallowed and took a breath as Shouto's groomsmen stood in front of him, wide grins on their face as if they had been betting on this happening.

When my hand touched his shoulder and he turned, his face brightened into a smile. "Wow... you look..." a pause. "...enchanting."