Crush

You poked your head into Midnight's room, seeing her smile at you the moment she noticed your face come into view.

"You're awake..."

"Yep! I've been informed of what's been going on, and after I'm discharged, I'm hoping that I can help out."

You sat on the stool beside her bed and examined her figure.

Bandages covered her torso and her left arm, while a square bandage covered a wound on her forehead. Without her hero costume, she appeared less erotic, and more gentle. Many people do not get to witness how calming her eyes are, and the youth of her expressions.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"I am too." She put her hand on your head. "Is something the matter? Your eyes look conflicted."

You looked down. "Are you really planning on going back to the field after what happened?"

"Of course. I'm not leaving you kids, even if you are in good hands." She leaned her head on her hands. "So! How was visiting the land of romance and wine?"

You shrugged. "It wasn't as magical as people make it out to be. And I didn't really talk with anybody other than my mentor and his son."

"Ooh, a son. Did anything happen with that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, clearly not." She stretched, glancing out the window. "No matter. I'm rooting for you and Todoroki anyway."

"With what?"

"Goodness, you're dense. You have a crush on him, don't you?"

You remembered the word from one of your talks with Hagakure and you pressed your thumbs together. "I... I guess so. But I don't think it's reciprocated, since he hasn't mentioned it."

"Perhaps he's nervous. What made you like him?"

You stared at your hands, eyes travelling down to the scars on your arms, whether it be burns or knife marks. You hid those often, but Shouto never put any effort to hide his, so you stopped.

Then at the strands of your hair that fell to the sides of your face; the ones he didn't mind despite the colour, which was so similar to your father's hair when he didn't look like a monster, but also moved them away from your face when you hid behind.

He never mentioned your blank expression. Hell, he had one for a long time.

"People don't like you as if you're their phones or a sunset. Or, at least, I don't."

"I don't know... there's a few reasons."

"How romantic!" Her smile softened so it didn't seem as playful as she tried to make sure you didn't think that she thought it was a joke. Her hand placed itself over your folded ones and she looked up. "Hey, you like this boy, right? So hold onto him tight."

You nodded. "Thank you..."

•••

You slowly opened the dorm room door after taking a shower and borrowing some clothes from Aster and found Shouto seated in the room you normally sleep in, asleep and leaning on the wall.

Was he waiting for me?

You knelt down in front of him and waved your hand in front of his face to confirm that he was sleeping.

You had read about characters kissing the main love interest in their sleep in books but you always found that odd since they didn't even ask. If they were dead like in Attack on Titan, then that's a different story entirely.