Tears

Attacks came one by one as quick motions with little affect.

Feathers that were burnt to a crisp had their ashes rain down to the ground.

You held out your hand, catching them like snow, and glanced at Hawks, whose wings began to look less like a hawk and more like a fledgling.

"You'll run out of feathers by the time you're finished," you warned as your glowing hand rested on his back, calming his irritated skin.

Hawks chuckled as another few flew past his head. "Then I guess I'll be flightless for a bit."

You yanked him out of the way of a tendril but it nicked his arm and seemed to try and wrap around him.

You began guiding his flight with his wings aimlessly flapping solely out of panic. "Your wings are swatting me," you hissed.

"Sorry, habit."

Midoriya's Black Whip grabbed the two of you and pulled you towards him.

Endeavour's Hellflame lit up the sky but was a candle's flame in comparison to what All For One could do.

Bakugou sent his Howitzer Impact and it separated the clouds but nothing else.

All For One sped towards you and you moved back, but he grabbed hold of Hawks' leg.

You tried pulling him away, but Hawks did something you didn't expect.

He took off his glove and bit down on it before taking one of his feathers and slicing off his leg.

You flinched at the sound of him pained yelp and brought him closer to you.

Midoriya helped, holding him up with his Black Whip.

"So how's it looking, doc?" Hawks asked with a soft chuckle, as if he wasn't missing a limb.

"Un-restorable, if that's what you're wondering," you spat, pushing his forehead like you used to. He quivered, trying to hide the pain of the slice leg, breathing deeply through his teeth.

You clicked your tongue and ripped off the end of your cloak, saying, "You better pay me back for this."

"Of course, fledgling. How's a fly around the city sound?"

You were quiet for a moment as you wrapped the dripping wound with the fabric. "...Sure."

But at that point, you weren't one for promises.

At that point, you heard so many of them that they didn't sound like promises.

You tried to make a proper knot, but Midoriya kept yanking the two of you in every which way to avoid the attacks, and you just had blood splatter onto your clothes like a constant reminder that you were stepping on needles.

"Got it," you finally said, triumph in your voice.

Midoriya's Black Whip let go of Hawks and you started helping him descend to the ground, only for him to flap his wings to retaliate. "No, I'm still in the fight."

"No you're not."

"My feathers-"

"Are burnt to a crisp. Your wings are practically nubs sticking out of your back."

You hadn't realized the wind spiraling in attempts to warn you of the danger speeding towards you, ready to stab your back.

"I'll bring you back down, I'll contact Aster, and-"

"Y/N!"

His loss of professionalism sent you into a panic and he grabbed your shoulders to spin you around, his wings sending him up by some miracle powered by the sole desire to protect the girl he met when she was a child.