Family Ties

You sat in front of a little girl you saved, little whales made of water droplets dancing around above your outstretched palm. Her grin made your heart warm, like she were a hand covering the flame in a storm.

All the while, a crowd gathered, some seething at the sight of you, others cheering you on.

Neither of which mattered to you.

Only the little girl who held the future in her hands and still thought of only the present. The innocence of a child; a truly beautiful thing.

You stood, rotating your wrist and holding up a small flower, which she took with a bright smile. "Be safe." You ruffled her hair and walked off, losing sight of the crowd before jumping into the air again.

You often didn't care much about what people thought of you: whether they hated you or liked you. Still, it was a weight on your shoulders that you didn't want to carry.

You looked up on top of one of the buildings. "Hm." You sped over to the figure, using your cuffs as throwing knives to pin the ripped yellow scarf they had around their neck to the wall.

"Not who I was expecting to see out here." You said, stepping onto the roof and bringing the cuffs back around your wrists.

Midoriya stared at you, knowing that running from you would be like a hare trying to run from a cheetah. "I'm not going back to UA."

"Thought as much. After all, I wasn't told that anyone from UA would be stations here. Especially not this far out. You could run into Shindo out here." You crossed your arms, joining him against the wall and staring out at the city. "So, why're you out here?"

"...All For One has some sort of tracking quirk on me. So I left UA."

"Quite the hero complex you have."

"You think so?" He glanced at you. "You're the one who hasn't returned to UA at all. At least I was there. You only spoke to Todoroki."

You looked down at your hands, covered with rough, scarred skin. "I won't-" There was a crash in the distance that interrupted you.

Both you and Midoriya perked up at the sound. "Another Tartarus escapee, I'm sure."

"Definitely. It's too big just to be a small time villain."

The two of you shared a mutual nod and ran in the same direction.

You heard a girl scream. At first, you thought it was just a cry of pain, but you let it settle in your head: she was calling for a "Yo."

"That sounded like Nakagame." You clenched your hand into a fist. "It's Shindo."

"You handle saving people." Midoriya instructed. "I'll fight the villain."

You nodded as you arrived on the scene, seeing Shindo held beneath the villain's muscular arm. Anger surged through your veins. "Shambles!" Shindo appeared in your arms and you nodded to Midoriya, who landed on the rooftop, glaring the villain in the eye. "No wonder my gift from the fourth wouldn't shut up."

Shindo stared at you and smiled. "Y/N.. You're..."

"Shut up, you reckless idiot." It was an act of affection as he felt your beating heart, expressing your worry better than anything on your face could convey. You held him tightly, placing his head on your shoulder. "Never do that again."

"I can practically... hear your blood curdling."

You rolled your eyes. "Turtle Neck, take care of him." You handed Shindo to Nakagame and pressed your palms on the ground.