The Fears that Hold Us

You walked down the underground hallway that Cementoss built for you in the case of you wanting to see your classmates.

"This looks a lot fancier than underground hallways I've seen in movies." Ojiro noticed.

"It is rather foolish to try and make something according to a movie when it can be much better."

Mina giggled. "That was a joke, Y/N. No need to take it seriously!" You looked down. "Sorry."

"Well, you don't have to say sorry either!"

You arrived at the door leading into the school and you pressed your hand against it, closing your eyes. "There's no one there." Then you moved your hand back and struck the metal door with the heel of your palm, making it go flying back.

"W-What the-?!"

"It's made so only I can open it. That's so you guys don't try to sneak into the school after school hours."

"But isn't that what we're doing now?" Mineta questioned and you shook your head. "My room isn't 'school.'"

You walked down the school's hallway and came to the door that led to your room. "It's a bit bigger than your dorms, so it may have a bit more than your rooms."

Once you opened your door, you heard a distinct gasp from behind you and you sighed. "It's really nothing much..."

There was a fake tree with your bed sticking out of the trunk and the fake branches went out and acted as bookshelves, with one of the overhanging branches holding a hanging lantern. Then there was a fluffy white carpet with a desk to the left and an easel with an unfinished painting.

"It's so magical!" Uraraka explored your room as if it were a new world. "What's this? Jujutsu Kaisen...?" You crossed your arms. "Well, you've seen my room. Let's leave."

You began walking away until you smelled a burning smell, your eyes widening and you looked back in your room. "What's that?"

"The fire? Your lantern. Does it have an automatic candle or something?"

Ah... right...

You walked over and blew out the small flame. "Let's head back now. We are technically not supposed to be here."

•••

That night as the girls gathered in the common room, you leaned back on the couch with an open book in your lap. "Where do you even get those from...?" Hagakure said with a noticeable deadpan in her voice.

"What do you mean?"

"You always seem to have a book with you. Why exactly is that?" You looked at Yaoyorozu, then at the bottle on the ground that was pointing at you. "You didn't even ask me truth or dare."

"Well, either way, we'll make you answer the question, so that's useless!" Mina leaned forward in anticipation. "So?"

With a sigh, you closed your book and placed it in the couch. "People don't really engage in conversation with me because of my supposed 'intimidating demeanour.' And normally, I do not wish for them to speak to me. So I always have a book so I'm not idle."

Tsu blinked. "You sounded very technical when you were saying that, Y/N-chan."

"Oh? Is that wrong?"

"No, it's not, I'm just saying."

Uraraka pressed her fingertips together. "Alright! Y/N, your turn to spin the bottle!"

You flicked your wrist and the bottle began spinning. It stopped  on Hagakure and you looked up from your book once more. "Truth or dare?"

"Um... truth, since I'm scared of what you think is a good dare..." You stared at her for a moment. "Do you have a crush on Ojiro-san?"

If she weren't invisible, she'd be bright red. "W-What?! No, no, I don't— Y/N!!" She began gently smacking you as your eyes travelled back to your book.

Hagakure pouted (you believed) and spun the bottle and it landed on Yaoyorozu. "Yaomomo, truth or dare?"

"Truth?"

"Do you have a crush on Todoroki?"

Your eyes suddenly shot up and stared at her, though unknown to her. "Oh, not at all! He's one of the most capable people in class, and I admire him. However, I don't like him in that way..."

You looked back down at your book. She's not lying.

Yaoyorozu spun the bottle and it landed on you again. You sighed and lowered your book once more. "Well?"

"Um... truth or dare?"

"Truth."

Mina groaned. "Come on, can someone just pick dare?" You shut your book. "Fine. Dare."

"Oh, I don't have anything for dare."

"I do!" Mina raised her hand and nearly fell forward off the couch. "Y/N, I want to hear your singing voice!" You blinked. "I'm sorry?"

"You know what I said!"

"I have wondered what Y/N-chan would sound like when she's singing since she's always so monotone." Tsu put her finger on her chin. "But you don't have to if you're shy."

"The boys are doing boy's night on the second floor." Hagakure assured. "They won't walk in or anything!"

You let out another sigh and sat up straight. "Whatever, it's fine. If Jirou had to have a spoonful of wasabi, this is doable."

"Don't remind me please."

You inhaled but then the lights of the common room turned on. "10:00pm. Lights out." Iida stated.

The girls all groaned except for you and everyone snuggled into their sleeping bags.

"It's too dark in here." Mina said, and you heard Uraraka's agreeing hum. "I'll light a candle."

"That's not a good idea."

"Why not?"

"You'll be leaving it unattended the entire night. It may catch fire to something else."

Yaoyorozu raised a brow. "You don't seem like the type to be worried about that. Especially because your lantern automatically turns on at night."

You stared at her for a moment. "Fine then. I don't care."

Jirou sighed. "Y/N's right, though. Even my parents unplug their instruments before going to bed. It's probably for the best."

Mina sighed and put away her small candle. "It would've smelled so good, too!"

Yaoyorozu met eyes with Tsu and they both looked at you, who was turned away from everyone else. "Well... goodnight everyone."

"Goodnight!"

You shifted your position and waited until everyone's energy was down. Then you moved your blanket and stood up, looking around to see if anyone else was on the floor before walking up to the window and pressing your hand against it until it went through.

You went through the window and landed on the grass, looking up at the dorm building for a moment before walking away.