Emotions

You wandered through the empty hallways of  the school, a stack of papers held in your arms  while others seemed to follow you around like butterflies.

Whoever decided that it was a good idea for me to take up a bank robbery is going to be blown into the clouds the next time I see them.

You heard your phone ring and you put down your stack of papers, although it was quickly caught by the gentle breeze coming through the air conditioning. You held your phone between your ear and shoulder and picked up the stack of papers again. "Hello, this is Y/N."

"Hey Y/N! It's Mina."

"Good afternoon. I thought you'd be busy completing your homework."

"I'll do that later, but do you want to go to the cafe? The girls were planning on hanging out, but we thought you might want to."

You sighed, both in disappointment and frustration. "I have a case I need to work out. It's nothing serious, just some bank robbery across town. But it is something I need to get done by this weekend."

"Aw, bummer! Uraraka and Tsu said that they can't come, too!"

"Sometimes the life of a hero gets in the way of our daily enjoyments. In any case, I shall inform you when I get those over with, and once I do, perhaps we can go to the cafe together."

"Awesome, can't wait! Bye!"

You heard her hang up and you lifted your head, taking your phone and putting it back in your pocket. You began sorting through the papers, signing things like collateral damage, insurance, etc. Obviously, you weren't quite enjoying it at the moment, knowing you could've been sipping on coffee or tea at the moment.

"Y/N, can I talk to you for a moment?"

Turning around, you were faced with the teacher for Class 3A, poking their head out of their classroom. "It's about the work studies."

"Certainly. I'll just bring these to my room and I'll be right with you."

•••

"So, about your class, I understand that you began your work study with Fat Gum about a year before you officially began attending UA. However, you had exceptional skills and, well..."

"My class doesn't quite compare?" You looked down at the mug you were given with a simple cup of warm milk filling the interior. "In my opinion, surviving two villain attacks is no easy feat, especially for first years. That being said, like many, they held no competition for Mirio."

"And? I have a feeling you will be negotiating."

"Your feeling is correct. They are not the most naturally gifted bunch, but they are much more hardworking than many other first years I have encountered at this school. Yes, some struggle, but at the same time, didn't everybody? I understand that some may not do work studies, but I know that there are many in that class that is capable."

You flicked your wrist and a hot chocolate packet arose from the teacher's desk drawer. "Best compromise? If they aren't recommended, they don't go. Simple."

You poured the hot chocolate packet into the cup of milk and stood up. "Please give it some thought."

And you left the room.

The teacher smiled and picked up the phone. "Hello? Yes, I've been convinced."

Instead of returning to your room to finish up the case, you went outside, a loose sweater, your hair hidden under a beanie. Or, at least the roots of your hair. Not that it did anything.