Chapter 11 - The Project

I woke up in an empty room. I whip my eyes and look down at my hand. It was healed but a scar had formed on both sides. I attempt to get up and fall right back down onto the bed. To my surprise I see Heisenberg standing at the frame of the door. He looks surprised to see me but why.

"Didn't expect you to wake up. After the first few days flew by." I'm taken by surprise. His comment confuses me.

"What do you mean a few days?" My throat hurts when I attempt to speak. I look towards him in confusion and he walks over holding a glass of water.

"Here drink this, after a few days of unconsciousness you're gonna need it." His tone is sweet and he puts an arm around me as he sits next to me on the bed.

"When you're feeling better I want to show you what I've been working on."

"May I ask what it is?" I look at him and he looks back.

"Not yet I want to show you first."

Time passes and after eating we make our way to the elevator down the hall. I follow Heisenberg closely into the elevator I turn to watch the door close behind us.

"So where in the factory are we going?"

"To the lower levels so you can see what I've been working on these past years."

He presses the B3 button and it glows orange. The elevator starts to move and I grab onto Heisenberg's arm.

"Scared?"

"No...ok maybe a little." I say as I let go.

I walk towards the doors and look out the holes in the metal. I can see red lights and conveyor belts. I can hear the loud bang of machines and a whistle from steam pipes. The elevator stops and the doors in front of me open. I'm hesitant to walk out but before I can act my hand is grabbed by Heisenberg and I'm guided to a room. I examine the door. It is white with streaks of blood on the outside. I look at Heisenberg and he can tell I'm uncomfortable from what my eyes are seeing.

"Don't worry, nothing down here can hurt you." he reassured. As he opens the door in front of us all I can see is darkness, he walks over to a switch and the lights turn on. I am taken back by what I see laying on the table in front of me.

"Heisenberg, what is this?" My face has gone pale and my stomach has started to turn.

I stand in shock as to what this monstrosity in front of me is.

"So you don't like it?" Heisenberg looks at me in confusion.

"Why would I like this? It's terrifying." He looks at me and grabs my hands.

"Please don't be scared, I've only made them into a better version of themselves. I need them to get my revenge."

"You're starting to scare me Karl. This isn't you."

His expression turns to anger. I start to back away pulling my wrists out of his hands. The metal objects around the room start to float around us and I start to panic.

"Why can't you just appreciate my hard work? I did this to kill that bitch and get my freedom. Don't you want to be part of that?"

Without thinking I dart towards the door but it slams shut and Im ment with metal scrap. I begin to back up and I bump into the metal table. I turn around to see Heisenberg standing on the other side. His expression is pure anger and I start to panic.

"I'll give you another chance. Join me. Help me build my army and together we can leave this place as free soul's together. You and me." He walks around the table to face me and reaches a hand out. I look at him and then down to his hand.

"So together. We will take down Miranda?"

"Yes my dear. Together."