Chapter 13 - Pain

My eyes open wide and I stare at him in shock. What am I supposed to say?

"I'm sorry if that was too soon I get if you don't feel the same. I don't want to force anything on you, I just thought I should tell you how I truly feel about us." Heisenberg explains before giving me a kiss on the forehead. I just stare at him like a child. I'm unable to speak as my palms start to sweat and I turn away facing my back to him. "God I'm such an idiot he's gonna hate me" I think to myself as a tear runs down my face.

Morning comes and I awake to the smell of toast. I rub my eyes and look around for Heisenberg but he is nowhere to be found. I wander out to the kitchen to see him carelessly making eggs. He hadn't even noticed I had walked out of the bedroom. I slowly creep my way over to him hoping he doesn't notice. I wrap my arms around him and in the shock he turns around fast burning me with the frying pan.

"Ouch...What The Hell."

"I'm so sorry, you scared the shit out of me."

Heisenberg puts the pan on the stove top and pulls my arm over to the sink to run cold water on my burn. I bite down hard on my lip as the pain around my arm increases.  

"Keep your arm under the water, I'll be right back." I watch as he rushes out of the room and returns with a small white box. It reads "First-Aid". Heisenberg opens the box and pulls out a tube of cream and a bandage wrap.

"Here give me your arm." I place my arm in his hands and he wipes away the water and slowly places the cream onto my burn, I tense in pain as he applies the bandage wrap.

"There should be good as new in a day or so."

"Thank you Karl, even though you're the one that caused this."

"Well you should have known better than to grab someone from behind who was cooking."

"Fine your right"

I turn my back to him and head over to the table "What a jerk" I whisper under my breath.

"What was that?" Shit he must have heard me.

"Oh...Nothing"

He plates the food and plops a plate down in front of me. We eat and then return to the bedroom to change. He finds an oversize shirt for me to wear, I throw on my pants and he leads me to the elevator. I watch as he presses the B2 button it glows orange and the doors shut.

"What's on the B2 level?"

"My workshop, I thought we could spend most of the day there."

"What will we be doing?"

"We will start on some projects."

The elevator dings as we reach our destination. The doors open and I follow Heisenberg to his shop. I look around, my eyes open wide as I see metal tables around the room. I walk towards one area that's lit up, looking closer I can tell that the images are x-rays of people. There were metal rods in the base of the skull.

"Heisenberg, what are these?"

"These my dear are my projects. I've been trying to perfect them for years and I believe I have finally done so."

"So what is the plan once they are completed?"

"Together we will use them to grind Miranda to a paste."

"And once she is out of the way what happens to us?"

"We will leave the village. We will find somewhere else together."