Chapter 23 - Why Is It Glowing?

Once upstairs I begin to prepare lunch for us, I make a delicious herbed fish thanks to Duke selling me some spices. I place the fish on separate plates taking them over to the table, I can hear the hum of the elevator moving so I know Heisenberg is coming upstairs.

"Hey...I got your necklace all fixed up" Heisenberg walks up to me and helps put my necklace back on, I look down to it and notice how the gem was practically glowing.

"Smells delicious darling"

"Aww...why thank you" my cheeks glow red as I sit down at the table and dig into my lunch. Once we both finished we headed down to the workshop to work on the project, we ended up adding metal armor to the experiments or Soldats as Heisenberg called them.

"What is the point in making so many of these things" I look up to Heisenberg.

"We need all the distraction we can get, Miranda cant fight us all at once after all"

"Ya I guess that's true"

Time flies by and before I know it night has come, we head back up to the main floor of the factory.

"Heisenberg..."

"Yes?"

"I'm going to hop in the shower if you need me"

"Ok darling" Heisenberg continues to clean up around the kitchen as I walk down the hall to the bedroom.

I hop into the shower and wash all the sweat and grime from the lower levels of the factory off me. Once clean I dry myself off and walk out to the bedroom, to my surprise Heisenberg was missing.

"Where could he have gone it's night?" I think to myself well changing into clean clothing. I wander my way out to the kitchen but nothing, where could this man be? I walk down the hall and feel the rush of cold air hit my legs, my skin fills with goosebumps. I can hear muffled voices talking...no more like yelling, what is going on? I peaked my head around the corner to see the front doors of the factory wide open, Heisenberg was standing there practically yelling at a taller hunched over thing. I try my best to listen in on their conversation.

"It's your fault he got away, now Alcina is dead and he has a flask. What do you think Mother would say?"

"Why do you care if that Bitch is dead"

"Because what if he's coming for all of us. We all have a rose."

"Well I say let him, he won't make it past Donna."

"How do you know this"

"Bruh...Donna is crazy, plus nobody returns from her house"

"Well...Fine, just wanted to warn you...protect that flask we can't risk him getting it"

"Yeah...I get it Moreau, now get lost your stinking up my factory"

I watch as the man he called Moreau leaves, Heisenberg slams the factory doors and heads in my direction. I quickly turn around and bolt down the hall, through the kitchen and back into the bedroom. I'm left gasping for air as I lay down on the bed.

"Well, well, well you just can't keep your nose clean can you?"

I sit up to see Heisenberg standing in the doorway, I huff in defeat.

"How did you find out?"

I watch as he holds up one of my shoes, how did I not even notice my shoe fell off god I'm such an idiot. Heisenberg walks over and sits next to me, he places an arm around me pulling me closer to him I lay my head on his chest.

"So how much did you hear?"

"Well apparently he's blaming you for someone's death, blaming you for Winters escaping and apparently you need to protect some rose flask thing?"

"Well shit...now you know, I guess. Any questions?"

"What does he mean by rose flasks?"

"Miranda took Winter's kid, she was scared by how powerful it was so she pulled her incense out and entrusted us with a piece of the child until the ceremony. All four flasks must be brought to her in order for the child to be reborn as her own kid."

"Thats fucked up...Like its Winters child she can't just take that away from him"

"Do you really think Miranda cares"

"No...She wouldn't...Wait did you purposely let him escape?"

"Yes I did...I know he would go after the other lords first"

"So what happens when he gets here?"

"I will ask him to join me...Plus without me he can't get his kid back"

"Don't you think that's a little fucked up?"

"Yeah I guess...But we need his daughter she is the key to our freedom"