7

One Week later - Saturday - Halloween

After that day you had slightly strayed away from Zeke. You didn't want to cross paths with Yelena unless it was absolutely necessary, so you refrained from going on instagram and had kept to yourself for the past few days.

Today was Halloween and your costume had come in the mail on Thursday. It didn't matter though because your plans were ruined that same day when one of your neighbors asked if you were free to babysit and you'd panicked and said yes because you didn't want to seem mean.

 It didn't matter though because your plans were ruined that same day when one of your neighbors asked if you were free to babysit and you'd panicked and said yes because you didn't want to seem mean

Regardless you still got dressed up and took a few pictures to put on your private story. You were in the middle of swiping through them when your phone started ringing.

"Incoming Facetime call from Monkey man 👽"

You answered and pointed the camera at the ceiling. "How may I help you?" You ask looking at his background carefully to much sure his girlfriend wasn't in sight. Zeke was in his car and the phone was set up in the cupholder. "Just checking to see if you're okay, your text messages have been vague" He says looking down at the camera.

"Why do you have me on the ceiling?" He asks getting offended. "Because I'm busy" You lie suddenly opening and closing the kitchen cabinets so it's more believable. "Okay...i'm going to let you go text me if anything comes up," Zeke says with a little frown on his face.

"Alright bye"

"Bye"

You moved to hang up the call

"Fucking finally"

Oh, so she was there.

"Girl shut the fuck up" You blurt out before you can stop yourself. Your eyes widen as you realize what just happened and you rush to hang up the phone.

In a matter of seconds it starts ringing again but you ignore it and finish getting your things together. When the clock showed 5:30  you grabbed your tiny book bag and locked the doors behind you before heading down the street to your neighbors house.

As you approached the front door the sound of children yelling filled your ears and you sighed as you rang the doorbell. A few moments passed before Mr. Braun opened the door. "Oh hey, Y/n thanks for coming" He smiled backing up to let you in. He was in the middle of buttoning up his dress shirt and looked ultimately stressed out.

"Hey Mr. Braun it's no problem," You said putting on your best smile. "I'm going to go finish getting ready, Gabi's in the backyard with her friends. Their parents should be here in the next ten minutes and then you can take her trick or treating if she still wants to go"