14

"When do you have to head back?"  You ask laying your head down onto the cold countertop.

Your mom had been gone for ten minutes now and the two of you had just finished eating. Jean got up to throw the trash away when an idea hit you.  "Nine o'clock the latest, why?" He questions.   You tap your fingers against the marble countertop excitedly, "Wanna go ice skating?"

Jean thinks about it for a second before nodding. "Yeah, why not." He agrees. You shoot out of your seat happily. "Okay wait right here I'm going to get dressed," You tell him, running upstairs to your room. You quickly pick out a long sleeve shirt and some jeans to wear so you won't be cold.

 You quickly pick out a long sleeve shirt and some jeans to wear so you won't be cold

(The fit, choose whatever hairstyle and shoes you want)

You freshen up and slip on a pair of shoes before packing whatever you'll need into a tiny bookbag. You walk to your parents' bedroom and knock on the door "Come in!" Your mom answers from inside. You open the door to see her sitting on her bed, typing away at her laptop. "Jean and I are going Ice Skating" You inform, hoping she won't butcher you with questions.

"Okay have fun baby" She answers not paying much attention to you. You nod and move to close the door, "Wait!" She shouts suddenly looking up from the screen. You sigh and poke your head in "Yeah?" "What are Jeans' favorite foods? I want to make sure he feels welcome during Thanksgiving." You shrug considering you don't actually know. "I'm not sure I'll ask him later" You promise. "Thanks, have fun okay" Carla smiles at you. "I will," You say, before lightly shutting the door.

Jeans right where you left him at the table. "Ready?" He asks looking at your new outfit. "Mhm," You hum heading towards the door, Jean following behind you. You run out to the car and get into the passengers' seat before Jean can pull a dirty trick on you like last time. "Driving couldn't have been that bad" Jean reasons as he gets into the driver's seat. "I literally thought I was going to die the whole time that I was behind that wheel," You say dramatically. "Me too" He admits while starting the car. "Shut up and drive" You grin realizing he was trying to disrespect you.

"Just saying" He defends putting his hands up. He pulls out of the driveway and starts following the directions from your phone. You lean over to fiddle with the radio stations and remember what your mom told you. "My mom wants to know what your favorite foods are, She wants you to feel welcome for Thanksgiving." You say doing quotations with your fingers.

 Jean shrugs "Anything I'm not picky". You nod, knowing you'll probably forget to tell her anyways.

Jean pulls into the lot and parks the car. He was taking his sweet time getting out so you had to hold his arm and drag him into the building yourself. "Hi two adults for Ice skating size (your size in shoes) and size 11 in men," You tell the boy at the front desk.  He mean mugs you for whatever reason and turns around to go retrieve the skates. Jean notices as well "You know him?" He asks watching the worker as he searches.