10

November began and you and the boys returned to school. Highschool was as it usually was, boring, long and more difficult than it needed to be. The day felt like it was dragging on forever and you couldn't hold back your excitement when the bell finally rang and everyone was dismissed.

Ellie drove you home and you waved goodbye to her as you unlocked the front door and walked in. "Home sweet home" you say happily, while kicking off your shoes and dropping your bookbag by the stairs.

"Y/n?" your moms voice calls out from the living room. Oh they were back... you walked into the living room and saw your parents sitting on the couch scrolling through Grisha's Macbook.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming back today?" you ask, as you walk to the couch and lean over to hug them both. "We wanted to surprise you" your mom smiles taking a long look at your face.

"What's wrong?" You ask after she's spent too long looking. "You look stressed honey, Grisha doesn't she look stressed?" Your mom worries  tapping your fathers shoulder and forcing him to look at you. "She looks fine to me" Your dad shrugs, "Yea mom i'm perfectly fine" You add on.

"If you say so...." She sighs before turning her attention to the computer. "Well go take a shower and come join us we want to talk to you" She instructs patting your back as a signal for you to go.

"About what?" You question curiously. "College, now hurry up it's already November we need to get this done" Carla waves you off as you go upstairs to your room. You put away your things, shower and put on comfortable clothing before going back downstairs to your parents.

You sit in between the two and hug your knees to your chest. "Okay we were looking through a few but we want to hear your thoughts before moving on" Your mom informs placing the computer in front of you.

"I told you guys my head is empty when it comes to college" you remind them, while blankly looking at the screen. "Well make it full Y/n, you're going to be 18 next year it's time for you to start making adult decisions" Your mom says getting upset with you. "

You frowned but nodded at your mothers words. Your eyes quickly scanned through the schools on the screen. "Would It be wrong of me to do eeny meeny miny moe to choose?". Neither of your parents answered. "I guess not....sorry for asking" You reply once again. None of the schools stand out to you, which makes the process a lot more boring. "These are too far you know I hate driving, plus I don't have a car" You complain passing the laptop back to your mom.

"Most of these are maximum 5 hours away that isn't even bad!" She points out in annoyance. "When you say it like that it sounds like you're trying to get rid of her" Your dad says placing a hand on her knee to calm her down. "You know what guys...thanks for the help but I'll find some options on my own" You clap your hands together and get up from the couch not wanting to sit with them much longer. "But...you just said your head is empty when it comes to-

"I know but I've had a change in heart" You lie giving them a small smile. Carla stares at you as if preparing to say no, but stays quiet. "Fine but I expect a list of them on my desk by Friday". Thank god. "You got it" You promise before escaping and running up to your room.

You dive into your bed and unplug your phone. 

Jean 🧑🏼‍🦲
Attachment: 1 Video

You press the notification and your phone unlocks. It's a video of his turtle.

You
......

Jean 🧑🏼‍🦲
Nemo misses you

You
I don't