24

Y/n's fit btw ^^

A few seconds passed by before a commotion could be heard behind the door and then the sound of a lock clicking followed by the door slowly opening. You looked at the man in front of you and knew without a doubt that he was Jeans dad.

He shared almost every feature with him minus the eyes, his own were blue, and he was taller than Jean, which was crazy because Jean was already 6'3.

"Jean, you came." The man says like he's shocked.

Jean nods, "Well I told you I would."

Jeans dad shakes his head before backing away from the door. "Of course, come in I'm almost done with the food."

The two of you step into the apartment and follow Jeans dad to his kitchen. The apartment was really nice, but that was granted considering it was in the Upper West side of Manhattan.

It was actually upsetting knowing that his dad was living it up in the city he'd just left Jeans mom to care for him on her own.

"You must be Y/n?" Jeans father asks turning to greet you. You nod timidly "Sean, nice to meet you." He says reaching out his hand to shake. You accept it and give him a small smile "You as well."

You and Jean sit at the kitchen island while Sean walks back to the stove.

"How's school going J? Your grandmother told me you go to MIT now that's amazing." His father praises happily, but Jean doesn't seem to care, his face is nonchalant. "It's going good, my finals are coming up in two weeks, so I've been studying when I have the time."

"That's great. You'll pass them with ease considering you've always had your mothers smarts after all." Sean says, thankfully with his back still turned to you and Jean because the two of you were currently unable to conceal your facial expressions.

To Jean, having his father compare him to his mom and speak about how smart he's always been felt like a slap in the face. Because he hadn't seen that man since he was 10. Not a single call, text, visit, or even a letter. But here he was pretending to be proud and supportive.

"I guess so." Jean mumbles dryly. 

"And Y/n how about you? What are you up to?" Sean asks, trying to be polite.

"Well I'm in my senior year of Highschool and I'm currently applying to Colleges."

"Oh nice, are you applying to MIT as well?"

"No...I'm thinking about majoring in Nursing..MIT doesn't really offer classes for that so there's no point." You admit, getting comfortable in your seat.

"That's great, what colleges do you have in mind then?"

"NYU, Boston University and some others. My mom's also encouraging me to apply for Yale."

"Yale? Your generation is truly something different. So many bright minds." Sean praises like all older people do, and you shrug because it's not like you actually expected to get in.

"Jean, what are you majoring in? I assume Computer Science?"

Jean nods "Yeah."

"I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff." Sean says turning to face the two of you.

Jeans face twitches in annoyance.