16

Your mom walks into the dining room followed by Zeke, Yelena, Yelena's younger brother and her parents. The tension in the air is suffocating as you glance at them nervously, you had absolutely no idea how tonight was going to play out.

"Mike, Sarah these are my kids Eren and Y/n. And this is Mikasa, Eren's girlfriend and Jean Y/n's boyfriend" Your mother introduces you to the surprisingly friendly looking people who you can't believe are Yelena's parents. "It's a pleasure to meet you guys" Yelena's parents say and you, Jean, Eren and Mikasa smile and say "Nice to meet you too."

"What up guppies" Zeke says trying to joke with the four of you. You give him a stink face and his smile falters as he shuts his mouth and takes a seat. Yelena doesn't bother saying anything and sits next to him already having a bitch face on. Your parents insist on showing Yelena's parents and brother a tour of the house, so all 6 of you are left alone at the dining table.

"I guess tensions are high this thanksgiving huh?" Zeke attempts again and Yelena grins as if shits funny. "I wonder why" Mikasa hums as she sits back in her chair."I see you're still around" Yelena bites back.

"Yeah unlike you my boyfriend doesn't ghost me every 5 months." Mikasa fakes a pout at Yelena.  And you fight back a laugh because Yelena loves to speak on peoples relationships as if she doesn't have to grapple for hers every year.

"Speaking of.... you two are coming up on two months soon right?" You join in while Eren and Jean watch the exchange silently. "Yes in two we-

"Yeah I don't actually care" You cut Zeke off before he can finish.

"In all honesty, I don't even know why the two of you are here in the "enemy" house, you guys made your feelings about me very clear last time"

" Oh come on! You're still mad about that?" Zeke asks in disbelief and you have to fight the urge to leap over the table and knock his lights out. "We all are" Eren pops in to defend you.

"You let your girlfriend insinuate that your little sister is uncivilized,  then proceeded to let her say she's an imposter in her own family. Not to mention neither of you apologized and you still bothered to show up here like all is good" Jean adds.

"I shouldn't have to apologize for a small slip up" Yelena rolls her eyes, "We've all said racist things before it's in our nature." Mikasas eyes widened as she sat forward in her seat and your mouth dropped.

You were about to fire back at her until your parents started coming up the stairs to sit. "What are you kids chatting about over here?" Carla asks happily while she takes a seat. "Just catching up on life ma" Zeke lies giving her a fake smile.

"Alright then let's eat" She says uncovering the food and allowing everyone to share out their food. The adults break into conversation again and it makes dinner a bit less awkward.

You're in the middle of eating you're baked mac and cheese when you see a fork slide onto your plate and take a piece of it. You look up at Jean as he eats your food "Was that truly necessary"

Jean nods "What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine"

You take a piece of cornbread off his plate and eat it as payback. "Boy we're dating not married"

"Yet" He adds. And you get that dumbass feeling in your stomach and your face gets warm at his words.

"Mikasa make them stop" Eren gags making you remember you're not alone, Mikasa ignores him and sends you a thumbs up as she's watches you and Jean happily.