12

You
Hey

I know we haven't talked in a few days and that's partially my fault but, I want to apologize for how I was acting on Monday.
I shouldn't have pushed you and made you uncomfortable the way that I did and for that I'm sorry.

I hope we can move on and go back to being cool. I miss you.

A few minutes passed and Jean had yet to reply. So you turned off your phone and decided to go see what your mom was doing.

You exited your room and went to the kitchen which is where she spent most of her time. Carla was sitting at the island writing stuff on a piece of paper. "Going shopping?" You asked leaning over her shoulder to look at what she was writing.

"Actually no this is the Thanksgiving guest list" She says calmly. "Guestlist?" You question oddly. You'd been alive for 17 years and never in your life had your parents ever written a guest list.

"Yeah, we're going to have more people this year" Carla informs putting her pen down.

Your eyebrows furrow in confusion "Such as...?". 

"Well your brother called and told me that he and Yelena are back together and he thinks things are getting serious so he'd like to invite her and her family over for thanksgiving"

Yeah no.

"But Thanksgiving is always family only" You complain, trying to convince her to change her mind. "Well if what Zeke says is true Yelena will be a part of this family soon so we should get familiar with her family while we can".

You fight the urge to roll your eyes at her and cross your arms over your chest instead.

"Well, I don't think I'll be able to make it to Thanksgiving this year" You lie.

"Baby, you live upstairs what do you mean you can't make it?" Your mom chuckles at your antics.

You try to think up a reasonable excuse as quickly as you can.

"Well um I'm seeing someone and they've invited me to have Thanksgiving with their family"

This time your mom looks at you seriously. "Mhm and who is this someone?" she questions suspiciously.

"I can't tell you yet but you'll see them when they come to get me on thanksgiving" You smile at her trying to make it believable.

"Alright then....your brother's going to be so sad you aren't there though..." Carla points out while scratching your name off the paper.

I bet he will be. You think sarcastically 

"Oh, Zeke can live without my presence" You shrug knowing it's true. He'd proven it just this weekend with his actions.

You prepare to leave the kitchen but your mom stops you "Did something happen while your father and I were away?" she asks, and you want to tell her yes, but you can't find it in you to relay what Yelena said about you.

It makes it even more real in your mind. How your own big brother, someone who was supposed to protect you, Had let someone he'd know for at most 5 years walk into his life and bring you down that way.