Chapter 2 - Jasper

I'm not a patient man, I hate it when things don't go as planned

I'm not a patient man, I hate it when things don't go as planned. People judging that I'm not a suitable King is another nightmare.

I sigh at the mountain sized paper stocked on my desk, as planned we'll be leaving for the honeymoon trip tonight. A month would be too much so I put it for a week.

I need the trust of my people, I can't he dethroned. The throne is mine and I'll fight a war if necessary to keep it. The image of Samantha turning her back to me keeps playing in my head. I totally understand how she feels, this sucks even for me.

She was the best Queen candidate I had - nice, prim and proper - the reputed Duke's only daughter. Duke Samuel was Dad's most trusted person and hold a large amount of people's trust. He wasn't actually happy with the idea, he cares and adores for his daughter way too much. I get why, she's fragile, innocent and knows nothing of the world.

All I want is a heir from her, I won't ask much of her. I'd let her live her life as she wants after she gives birth to my heir.

I'll divorce her once she gives birth to my heir.

That's the agreement I and the Duke have but there's some alternation.

If she doesn't get pregnant after six months of marriage you'll divorce her.

No idea what he was thinking but I was very desperate and went on with it. Of course she doesn't know, the Duke is gonna handle things and he has my trust.

I have a deadline at most and I have to do my best to keep my throne.

I never expected to be the King so soon, life is so full of surprises. Alas, no use thinking of worthless things.
I try to finish all the paperwork before leaving the office.

There's a knock on the door, I ask the person to come in.

"The Duke is here to see you, Your Majesty." Steven steps into the room.

"Let him in." I signal with my fingers, he bows and walks out.

What business does the Duke have with me?

I stand to greet the Duke, he walks in with grace. The most reputable man in my Kingdom.

"Good morning, Your Majesty." He bows, these are one of the awkward situations I have to pass through. Having the people you admire bow to you isn't one of the priorities. I don't want them to bow to show respect, having it in their hearts is well enough for me. But not accepting their bows might be disrespect towards them.