Chapter 6 - Jasper

I wake up to a whimper, I open my eyes and see her murmuring something in her sleep

"Dad, dad . . . .no." Sweat forms on her forehead and she struggles clutching the sheets, I slowly hold her and soothe her back. She's having nightmares again.

"Shh, calm down. You're safe." I softly whisper into ears, she hugs me tightly. Her body fits with mine like it's made just for me, it makes me smile.

I glance at the table clock, the red digital numbers say 04:13. I relax back on the pillow, she has calmed down.

Why was she so scared? Was it because she didn't want to get married to me? I totally understand how she'd have felt, an arranged – basically forced – marriage won't make anyone happy, I wasn't happy either. But I had to do it, for the throne.

I watch how her chest rises and falls as she breathes softly, I wipe the dry tears off her face.

"I'll treat you better." I plant a soft kiss on her temple and go back to sleep.

I wake up again at 08:00, she's still asleep. A small smile is tugging on her lips, she stirs and I quickly close my eyes pretending to be asleep, I have no idea why I did that but while I'm at it let me play along.

I feel her head raise from my arm, she's probably staring at me. "So gorgeous." She moves some hairs off my forehead, I can't help the smile as I open my eyes, she gets startled.

She tries to get up but I wrap my arm around her waits and pull her on my chest. She watches me with big eyes, lips agape. If not for the important call last night I'd have gotten a taste already.

"Am I getting a morning kiss?" I ask, her eyes move to my lips. I almost thought she'd kiss me but she pulls back.

"You wish." She smirks and gets off the bed, I smile and sit up. I look down at the morning wood. I rub my hands over my face and get off the bed.

"What are we doing today?" She opens her closet. We have been going out to have fun almost all week, it's refreshing to see her smile. She's makes me feel like life isn't as stressful as I have been thinking it is.

"Firstly I'll be taking care of my morning wood." I get off and stretch, her eyes move down to my groin, making my pants get tighter. "Don't give me that look darling, or I may loose control." I say and she quickly look away, I see red spread through her skin.

"You can go first, I'll order breakfast." She shuts the closet and rushes outside. I take a cold shower and rub out the morning wood. I put on the casual clothes and walk out, she's already having breakfast.

"Didn't bother to wait for me." I pull out a chair and sit across her. She looks up at me with a mouthful, she looks cute.

She pats her mouth with the napkin and gulps half of the water from the glass. "It was very tempting." She says innocently, I smile and eat my food.

Becoming His Only Queen | 18+ [COMPLETED]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara