Chapter 23 - Samantha

I joke about something lame which makes Jacob laugh his ass out

I joke about something lame which makes Jacob laugh his ass out. "It's cute that you came to look after me." I pull his cheek, he winces and pushes me away.

"Of course I was worried." He rubs his cheek making me smile. The marble floor is slippery which makes me skate around, I excitedly skate around and Jacob tries to catch me.

"Don't run around her kids." An old woman walks from behind a pillar, I look at Jacob and so does he. Panick raises in my chest as I grab his hand and run the other way.

We run into Justin, "What's wrong?" He asks worried and the guards get alert.

"There, huff huff there's a ghost there!" Jacob says glancing across his shoulder.

"What?" He looks behind us.

"She came out of no where Justin. And she was everything Jasper described." I say and Jacob nods.

"Brother Jasper was joking." He says making me blink.

"But we just saw her." I say offended.

"Exactly." Jacob agrees.

"Maybe she was the cleaner here. Let's go and see." Justin walks towards the way, I grab his arm with my other hand. Jacob's hugging my other arm.

"Stop, it's crazy." I snap at him.

"I told you kids to not run." The woman walks to us. Jacob and I scream and hide behind Justin.

"That's her brother. Run!" Jacob says and pulls me with him. I gasp at the sudden pull but keep up, running round while bleeding isn't a good idea.

Our hands turn sweaty and slip away, I hit with a wall which moves and I'm swallowed by it. I scream as I see Jacob trying to reach for me but the wall closes and darkness elopes me.

"Jacob!" I bang on the wall, not daring to look what's around. "Jasper!" I scream louder, on the verge of crying. I'm freaking spooked.

I hear shuffling behind me, I shut my ear trying to focus on the bright side of life. Sunshine, roses, cakes, cookies, Jasper : naked, smiling and all over me. Anything but zombies. Ahhh! No don't think about them.

Please wake up Cece. I promise I'll treat you better. I miss you so freaking much baby. Please wake up.

The voice is familiar, I slowly turn my head to the voice. All I can see is darkness, my breathing gets shallow and I hear machines beeping. The smell of hospital greets me,