Chapter 12 - Samantha

Rise and shine!

Rise and shine!

I wake up and shower, putting on some comfortable clothes I walk down for breakfast. I check my phone for any texts from Jasper.

Husband♡: Reached. 23:22.
Husband♡: Good morning, have a great day. 06:30.
Husband♡: Don't miss me too much. 06:37.

I smile, he doesn't know how much I missed him last night, how much I still miss him.

This is torture.

Me: Dream on husband. 08:44.

I stare at the screen for a minute before stuffing it into my backpocket.

Justin's already there, Jacob comes a minute later with Madam Carla. We greet each other, the food gets served. It's complete silence except for the clinking of cutlery.

"Jacob do you have any opinions on the preparations?" I ask breaking the silence, all eyes turn to me and I smile at him.

He shakes his head, "I'm fine with what you'd plan. Brother Jasper trusts you so do I." He says, cliche as always.

I put my fork down, "I understand Jacob, but it's your 20th birthday. Don't you have any wish?"

He sighs, "They don't matter." He gets up and leaves the room, that pisses me off. I stand and follow him out.

"Why would it not matter? Tell me and I promise I'll get that for you." I yell behind him, he stops and turns to look at me.

"Don't make promises you can't keep." He looks away, I cross my arms against my chest in a challenge.

"Try me."

He thinks for a moment then says, "I already filled the form that required all my favourites."

I roll my eyes, "But there's still something you want right?" I ask.

He hesitates, "Brother Jasper won't like it." He looks down and shifts on his legs.

I reach out for his hand, he looks surprised. "Tell me. I want you to be happy on your birthday Jacob." I say with all the sincerity.

He searches my eyes before nodding, "I want to invite my best friend." He hesitates but continues, "Brother Jasper isn't much a fan of her. He doesn't like having her in the palace." He scratches the back of his head.

"What's her name?"

"Alice Maclean." He says, a shiver runs down my spine. I know that name. I gulp and look at Jacob who looks really hopeful.