Chapter 8 - Jasper

I roll over to hug her only to find the bed empty, I quickly sit up

I roll over to hug her only to find the bed empty, I quickly sit up. She's not there, a sudden panic rises in my chest. I get out of the bed and knock at the bathroom door, it slides ajar. I hear her throwing up in the toilet, I slowly walk in and find her on the floor.

She flushes the toilet and stands, she doesn't notice me and goes to wash her face. She turns around and jumps as she sees me by the door, she holds her hands to her mouth scared. Her eyes sink and she faints, I quickly grab her before she hits her head to the faucet. She's such a handful.

I pick her in my arms and take her to bed, she passed out on me earlier as well. Good thing she did or I'd end up doing something she'd hate me for.

I look for some medicine, I shake her so she wakes up a little. I somehow make her swallow the pills and put her back to sleep. She crawls into my lap like a cat, I pat her head. She holds my hand tightly, her hands are shaking. I hold them back making them stop shaking.

I glance at the clock, it's two in the morning. I shove a pillow behind me and rest my head on the headboard. I continue patting her until I fall asleep.
.

The sunrays fall on my face making me wake up, it takes me a minute to adjust to the light. I look down at my lap, she has moved to the other side of the bed. She sleeping on her front with her ass in the air, she looks like a kid with the pacifier missing. I pull the sheets over her and walk out.

It's past sunrise, there's no one on the ship except us. I make myself some coffee. I drink my coffee while shuffling around trying to find something to make breakfast. What am I supposed to do with these powders?

I shut the cabinets and open the fridge. "Maybe I should just make a fruit salad." I grab some grapes, strawberry, kiwi, apple, cucumber and cherry. I take my time to cut them.

"I'm really bad at this!" I sigh in frustration. Putting all my patience I finally cut all the fruits and put them together in a plate, I pour some orange juice in a glass. I stare at the tray, it looks like a messy breakfast. I walk to the room, she's sitting while rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning." I say, she looks up at me, her lips pull into a lazy smile. I put the tray on the bed and sit at the foot of the bed.

"Good morning." She replies eying the tray, a laugh slips through her lips. "That's one special breakfast." She grabs the fork and plate. "You made this?" She asks eating a slice of apple.

"I tried." I shrug my shoulders, she continues eating with a smile. "Feeling better?" I ask and she nods.

"Is it a pig?" She asks showing me a slice of kiwi, I roll my eyes dramatically offended. She laughs, her laugh is addictive. I can't help but smile.

"Just eat." I murmur, she take a sip of her juice.

"You need a lot of improvement my husband." She pats my shoulder. My heart skips a beat, I stare at her blankly and she gives me a questioning look. I shake my head and look away. "I don't like strawberries." She pouts.