Chapter 10 - Jasper

"What are you hiding Duke Samuel!" I exclaim unable to control the burning anger in me

"What are you hiding Duke Samuel!" I exclaim unable to control the burning anger in me. Something isn't right with My Queen, she's been hurt, or traumatized at least for her to get breakdowns this often. I can't stand the sight of her tears, it makes my blood boil and the want to destroy, anything and everything that hurt her, into ashes.

Duke Samuel scans my face cluelessly, it only fumes my anger. "Did you let anything happen to my wife that hurt her?" I ask in the most tamed voice.

Panic flashes in his eyes and he stands on his feet, "Is my daughter alright? Why are you asking such questions?" For the first time I've seen Duke Samuel's mask fall and an actual human reaction cloud his face.

By the reaction, I don't think he's aware of anything she's gone through. If I tell him about her breakdowns he'll make sure to take her away from me. That thought alone makes me clench my fists, she's grown on me. And I can't imagine her away from me.

"My King?" Duke Samuel's voice pulls me out of my thoughts, I look at him with a blank expression. "Did something happen to Samantha?" He asks in a predatory tone.

I sit back in my chair, "She's been avoiding me. I guessed you were the reason." I pull the conversation the other way, he narrows his eyes in confusion. "She didn't want this marriage." Those words leave my mouth bitterly.

He sits back, realisation finally filling his face. His mask is back on, "She liked you, she said she was okay with the marriage." He says, my heart pings with hope. She wanted this marriage, a small smile makes his way to my lips, I hide it behind my hand. "But like I said, she's new to everything. Even people. She never met more than two people at the same time." He says. "Did something happen?" His voice goes cold again.

I nod, "She panicked after seeing her schedule." I say, concern mars his face again. The bare minimum information has him so worked up. "But she's fine now. She went to visit the temple." I say, he nods.

"I want to see her someday soon." He says, I nod glancing at the papers on my desk.

"Jacob's birthday is this weekend. You can see her then." I say looking at him, "I'll send you an official invitation soon."

He stands up, "I'll look forward to it then." He takes his leave. I rest my head on the headrest, a million questions till wander in my head. Her voice echo in my ears.

Did I do this to her?

If I did, I will do everything to make it up to her. Ever-freaking-thing.

I go to her room the moment return to the palace. I knock on the door, it opens after a minute. She looks up to me, her lips break into a smile that makes my heart warm. She's wearing sweatpants and a grey t-shirt that reads Live today, worry tomorrow. Her hairs are pulled into a bun that looks messy.