Chapter 29 - Jasper

I am in love with her

I am in love with my wife.
I am in love with my Queen.

But am I in love with Samantha?

No.

I am in love with Cecilia.

Call it bullshit but I don't care, the woman I love is not Samantha but Cecilia.

She's not Samantha, she can't be. The Samantha I've watched and heard about is nothing like the Samantha I married and fell in love with.

Kevin opens the car door for me, shutting my phone I step out and look at the enormous building of the temple.

Everything that happened, happened here.

I walk in, the saints quickly bow to greet me. "It's an immense pleasure to have you here." The grand priest says.

I nod smiling, "It's great to be here." Looking around I don't see anything suspicious. Just a lot of space with a lot of sunlight. "May I have a word with you in private?" I ask tilting my head slightly.

"Sure, this way." He leads me to his office. The space has a desk, three chairs and a bed. What's a bed here for? "That's for healing your majesty." He says noticing my confusion.

"You heal people in your office?" I ask raising my brows.

He looks confused, "Yes, not people but the saints. I don't use my powers beyond these walls."

I'm getting really suspicious of him, he's old enough than my father would be now, dressed in all white like he's some angel.

"Have a seat my king." He says and I do. He sits across me, "What may I help you with?" He asks.

I rub my chin while looking out the window, I have to do this patiently. I take a deep breath before asking, "My Queen has been to the temple right?"

He nods smiling, "Yes your majesty, she's been visiting here since she was little."

I lean closer so I observe his every emotion, "Then you must be close to her."

He clears his throat, "Yes, of course. That child has always been kind and polite to everyone here."

"But she hasn't visited here since a while."

"I guess becoming a queen keeps her busy." He grins.

"Is that the only reason?" I say accusingly.